What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mick

Referee
Y2Eel said:
i hope thats not right why do penrith need any more wingers....

get rid of hookey and get a few decent centres...

Hookey wont be there next year I don't believe, neither will Howland and Galea..so we are losing three backs. While Michael Jennings will probably step up to take one spot in PL and hopefully first grade, we need another couple of backs.

Nathan Smith is a done deal. Apparantly being brought here to possibly play centre. But imo...he'll be in PL because I rate about 5 of our juniors in the backs above him. Wouldn't mind seeing Bob Blair making his debut sometime in the future.

We are in negotiations with another few players, noone of note really. We are saving some money in the cap, so the situation like 2003 doesn't arise again. We're managing the money so when these exciting juniors like Tim Grant, Jarrad Sammut and Michael Jennings come through and provide our solutions we require. Next year is another step in rebuilding. We should have a handy team come 08 onwards.

Sanchez

Coach
Adam Mogg-Resign with Raiders after signing only a letter of intent with Les Catalans
If that falls thru then Hannay-Raiders

Iafeta

Referee
Y2Eel said:
was he the dude who played fullback??

if so he went alright reminded me of k hunt a bit...

He was #18.

He was named fullback but switched to right wing. The fullback was Patrick Ah Van. Ah Van was the one with the goatie and long pony tail and goes like Blinky Bill. They both have a hop and a skip in their running game bringing it back.

Thats what I've heard. You were also chasing Lyon, until he signed with Manly. You've just re-signed Steve Simpson so those two players would have been on your priority list.

Kiwi

First Grade
Kilkenny said:
You guys paid the big bucks 170K per season so you will be stuck with him.

Personally I have no sympathy because the Sharks have ' stolen ' Craig Stapleton for 100K per season on a two year deal. Stapo will prove to be the ' Best Bargain Buy for 2007 ' without a doubt!

While it is always disappointing to lose talented local juniors the fact remains he was unproven, had half a dozen appearances in the top grade and had a somewhat justified reputation of being injury prone. The Panthers will have him back by all means but he will have to be aware it will be on the new NRL minimum wage and not the ridiculous amount of money the Sharks signed him for last season.

If he was that valuable, and the sharks got him for 100k, what crap contract did the panthers offer him? Cause for 100k, if thats cheap and he left, who's to blame I wonder?

mxlegend99

Referee
Kiwi said:
If he was that valuable, and the sharks got him for 100k, what crap contract did the panthers offer him? Cause for 100k, if thats cheap and he left, who's to blame I wonder?
He was on $37,500. Not sure what out new offer was. But either way... even at $100k, he's extremely good value. Panthers are good at re-launching players careers for other teams :(

Franko

Juniors
The Colonel said:
:lol: By who?

It started in the telegragh yesterday by a Journo who no one believes. It just said look for two more possible Parra players to Souths. However someone rang the big sports breakfast or talkin sport this morning and asked about the rumour. And it was an ex Souths player that suggested Tahu could be a good chance.

But Peek and 3 younger players have all been mentioned. So i don't tend to believe it but this is a rumour thread not confirmed.

Also Tahu left Newcastle cause of Hagan so....

The Colonel

Immortal
Franko said:
Also Tahu left Newcastle cause of Hagan so....

Tahu left to play centre. Hagan has said he'll play centre next year - Tahu was worried he'd be considered a winger again earlier in the year but those thoughts have been addressed.

You have as much chance of getting Tahu as I do of waking up next to Angelina Jolie.

roosters06

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
Myles ---> Roosters

Finch ---> Parramatta (those 2 deserve each other)

Would be ideal to see both of these happening really.

Myles would be great for us, adds a bit of starch to our forward pack after losing Morley.

Big Mick

Referee
Kiwi said:

Cause he wasn't in the clubs plans for next season. That was due to people coming into the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts