What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
More progression on the Paul Gallen --> Manly rumour.

Apparently, one of Kimmorley and Gallen WILL be released.
(Kimmorley) will hold talks with Ricky Stuart over the long weekend to have the law laid down about next year. If Noddy doesn't like "the law" he'll be free to leave. If he stays there is a better than even money chance that Gall will ask for a release, allowing more room under the salary cap for the signatures of Mitchell Pearce and Anthony Tupou.

ALSO

1. Sharks are talking to Anthony Tupou and Aaron Gorrell. If they can get either of them someone has to be released.
2. Greg Bird may follow Chris Anderson to the Roosters.

Just what I've heard guys.

Yeah i agree aye.. Whether it happens or not is another thing. However, if Gallen DOES get released, Manly would have to release Dunley, Williamson and Matai to afford him. IMO, Dunley and Williamson offer very little, although it would be dissappointing to see Matai go so early in his career.

Thoughts?

willvillain

Juniors
I refuse to believe that Manly would have to sacrifice three players to get Gallen.

2 months ago we were chasing Simpson and Creagh, offering 300k+, and now we have to release 3 blokes for Gallen? Turn it up.

But if it meant getting rid of Dunley, I'd be even happier to welcome Gallen to the club.

Don't think it'll happen though. I've got that gut feeling that Manly's got it's top 25 already sorted for next year.

willvillain said:
I refuse to believe that Manly would have to sacrifice three players to get Gallen.

2 months ago we were chasing Simpson and Creagh, offering 300k+, and now we have to release 3 blokes for Gallen? Turn it up.

But if it meant getting rid of Dunley, I'd be even happier to welcome Gallen to the club.

Don't think it'll happen though. I've got that gut feeling that Manly's got it's top 25 already sorted for next year.

You may be right mate, who knows! We'll just wait and see what happens. But I assure you, for Manly to afford Gallen, they are going to have to release at LEAST Dunley and Williamson. Hopefully Matai stays as I think he's a great prospect. I'm just relaying what I've heard. If this happens, imagine the Manly side in 07 :D

ozzie

Bench
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
More progression on the Paul Gallen --> Manly rumour.

Apparently, one of Kimmorley and Gallen WILL be released.
(Kimmorley) will hold talks with Ricky Stuart over the long weekend to have the law laid down about next year. If Noddy doesn't like "the law" he'll be free to leave. If he stays there is a better than even money chance that Gall will ask for a release, allowing more room under the salary cap for the signatures of Mitchell Pearce and Anthony Tupou.

ALSO

1. Sharks are talking to Anthony Tupou and Aaron Gorrell. If they can get either of them someone has to be released.
2. Greg Bird may follow Chris Anderson to the Roosters.

Just what I've heard guys.
and since when are the Roosters goining to release Torpou - he is signed for two years still. A friend of his says the story is all crap started by a desperate SMH writer and you havent seen the story elsewhere. Beattie has signed a contract with the Roosters..

t-ba

Post Whore
sanchez moreno said:
a few injuries and manly we be ruined

Just like every other club?

Gallen would equal the Awesomest thing since we signed BK.

I'll help Dunley pack his bags and shoo him out the back door. I demand that Willow gets a testimonial though! By god he's past it, but it doesn't mean he isn't one of my favourite players to pull on the Maroon and white ever!

willvillain

Juniors
sanchez moreno said:
a few injuries and manly we be ruined
good to see someone is going to pick up gorrell

The only injury I think Manly wouldn't be able to cover would be an injury to Brent Kite, and possibly Orford (although the way he played in the finals series has left me bitter towards his influence on the team...).

If Manly lose Kite for a lengthy stint next year, then you can write us off. He was the only forward making metres at the end of the year, and with Kennedy gone he is the only reliable metre earner in the pack.

D

Deleted member 10972

Anthony Tupou won't levae the club. However, based on his form this year, we'll be happy to take Greg Bird. He's no Morley, but he'll do.

D

Deleted member 10972

willvillain said:
The only injury I think Manly wouldn't be able to cover would be an injury to Brent Kite, and possibly Orford (although the way he played in the finals series has left me bitter towards his influence on the team...).

If Manly lose Kite for a lengthy stint next year, then you can write us off. He was the only forward making metres at the end of the year, and with Kennedy gone he is the only reliable metre earner in the pack.

Actually, Manly's best forward during the final series not including Kite & BK was Kylie Leuluai. Quality player, shouldn't have gone.

willvillain

Juniors
He played well against Newcastle, that's true.

Was ordinary for most of the year though. Excluding some good hits in the Warriors game. Shame that he's leaving of course.

Disco

Bench
Pffft, Lulu was nowhere near our best forward in the finals, he was our 5th best prop over the year imo, and won't be missed

Sanchez

Coach
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Anthony Tupou won't levae the club. However, based on his form this year, we'll be happy to take Greg Bird. He's no Morley, but he'll do.
its funny how this time last year no body wanted greg bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts