What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

aids

Bench
marshall stalin said:
did they find some buried money as they couldn;t afford to fit him under the cap

patty was underperforming and spent most of 04 on the sidelines with injury when the club told him to look for a club in the uk.
then his form picked up along with the teams at the end of 05 and the rest is history.

i still think its too much money for a winger.
but that's just my opinion, plus it's still just rumor

Gothetigers

Juniors
marshall stalin said:
did they find some buried money as they couldn;t afford to fit him under the cap

Inner West Courier 26/Sep/06

MISSING LINK IN LEAGUE

According to coach Tim Sheens, only one piece of the jigsaw of the Wests Tigers’ rugby league team for 2007 remains to be found.

“With John Skandalis and Anthony Laffranchi going, we’re after another forward,” he said. “We’ve got a bit of money for one but at this stage there are not too many out there.”

Although the Tigers have been linked with former Test halfback Brett Kimmorley, whose future with the Cronulla Sharks is said to be on shaky ground, Sheens said bluntly: “We can’t afford the sort of money he’d want. No club in Sydney could.”

“I think some people just put two and two together. We’ve lost our halfback Scotty Prince and Brett could be looking for a new club. Anyway, we’ve got John Morris coming to us from Parramatta.”

Yes the Tigers do have money available.

colonel_123

Juniors
marshall stalin said:

Skandalis, Prince, Laffranchi, Lolesi and Elford are all leaving next season and the cap has been raised to 4 million. Even taking into account Farah and Collis re-signing there'd still be money available to sign Richards.

colonel_123

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
why would they need another forward...they got heaps.

You mean Wests? They've got plenty of mobile back rowers, D. Galea, B. Galea, Heighington, Harrison, Halatau, Fulton, Trimarchi, Tuiaki, etc but the only props with any real first grade experience are Payten, O'Hara, Gibbs and Galloway. Not alot of depth there and none of those front rowers have shown they can cover the workload that Laffranchi and Skandalis provided unless they improve a fair bit.

Big Mick

Referee
colonel_123 said:
Skandalis, Prince, Laffranchi, Lolesi and Elford are all leaving next season and the cap has been raised to 4 million. Even taking into account Farah and Collis re-signing there'd still be money available to sign Richards.

Also signed John Morris, Jason Moodie, Danny Galea, Daniel Russell and a few other lower graders.

They should have money left...about $300,000 I reckon..

Big Mick

Referee
colonel_123 said:
You mean Wests? They've got plenty of mobile back rowers, D. Galea, B. Galea, Heighington, Harrison, Halatau, Fulton, Trimarchi, Tuiaki, etc but the only props with any real first grade experience are Payten, O'Hara, Gibbs and Galloway. Not alot of depth there and none of those front rowers have shown they can cover the workload that Laffranchi and Skandalis provided unless they improve a fair bit.

yeah but Sam Moa, Jarrod Saffy, Peter Lewis will all be in Premier League. Can also call upon Pat Galea who imo is a good player if needs be.

Luke Harlen is also a prop, albeit small prop. Tom Haberacht is also a quality player in their PL next year.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
The style of play we will be using next year will be a very mobile one, time will tell if we get out muscled

We still have size in the front row with Gibbs, Payten, Galloway, O'Hara and Rhino - then we have guys like Harrison (this will be his season) Fulton, Halatau, Galea's, Saffy, Teo, Moa, Rysko, Trimarchi and the list goes on. Expereince is the biggest concern for mind, however I would feel more confident if we snared Guttenbiel or another large sized forward to the team.

Spike

First Grade
Royce Simmons was having breakky with another bloke in a suit and a young bloke in a Raider's polo shirt this morning at Tropicana Cafe in Darlinghurst. Didn't recognise the player but looked like a prop or a second rower.

aids said:
Tuiaki is
Bronson would be wasted at prop.

Whilst Tuiaki may be big enough to play Prop, why would you waste him there. I think he's either a second rower or a winger, not a prop. Put it this way, I think he'd be wasted at prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts