What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earl

Coach
FORMER Canberra Raiders prop Luke Davico is primed to make a shock return to the NRL with Melbourne next year.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has approached Davico, 32, about a possible comeback as he looks to bolster his forward stocks. The veteran of more than 150 games with Canberra was forced into retirement earlier this year after tearing his pectoral muscle playing for English Super League club Wigan.

Davico has since returned to Australia and, after positive discussions with his surgeon, has declared himself ready to resume his career.

"The desire is definitely there," Davico said last night.

"Moving to Wigan did wonders for me. It really rejuvenated me, and while it was devastating how things ended up over there, it really made me realise how badly I wanted to play on."

Davico and Bellamy have enjoyed a long friendship, which began when Bellamy coached Davico in the Canberra under-21s.

"I consider Craig a good mate, and he has asked if I'm interested in coming down to Melbourne," Davico said.

"It's a prospect that is really attractive to me. I know what a quality coach he is and he is building a really exciting team. It is pretty exciting to think I could be part of that."

Bellamy confirmed he had spoken to Davico, but said any contract would be subject to a stringent medical test. "The biggest thing for Luke is the injury. He has had three pec injuries now, so any team that signs him would want to make sure he is over those," Bellamy said.

Newcastle has also approached the prop, who said lifestyle for his young family would be a key concern.

Storm continued talks with halfback Matt Orford's manager last night.

"Negotiations are moving forward," chief executive Brian Waldron said.

STORM'S depth will be seriously tested in New Zealand on Sunday, with Bellamy conceding he is struggling to name a fully fit 17-man squad.

Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Matt King are on Origin duty, Ian Donnelly and Dallas Johnson are suspended, while Scott Hill had surgery on an ankle injury yesterday.

Forwards Antonio Kaufusi (ankle), Tevita Metuisela (knee), Alex Chan (back) and Brett White (ankle) are in doubt, with former Parramatta back-rower Anthony Boyd added to the squad to provide some cover.

Centre Josh Graham is also in doubt, and Bellamy said he was low on backline options.

"We have a few kids up in Queensland with ability, but it is a huge ask to throw them in for a game in New Zealand," Bellamy said.

BULLDOGS sensation Sonny Bill Williams' season went from bad to worse last night, with confirmation he'll miss up to 12 weeks with a knee injury.

After missing nine weeks with an ankle injury, Williams suffered a torn cartilage in his right knee during his comeback match against South Sydney on Saturday.

Should probably get your story straight before you make a fool of yourself.

Franko

Juniors
I have heard a rumour that Steven Bell of Melbourne is signed sealed and delivered for Souths next year. If the Anasta , Orford and Brian Carney rumours are true, then Souths might be finally in a position to aim up.

Withe the likes of Sutton and young Buddy Gordon coming up.

Who Knows!!

Davester

Juniors
Franko said:
I have heard a rumour that Steven Bell of Melbourne is signed sealed and delivered for Souths next year.
Who Knows!!

And expect the NRL to hit them with a massive fine not long after if true...

Hurriflatch

Referee
as long as it isn't officially annouced until after June 30th or there is undeniable proof (and a lot of it) that they had talked nothing will be done

the anti-tampering rules are a toothless tiger.

There have been plenty of cases in the past that if they were going to get fined it would have happened yet nothing

PJ MArsh to Warriors
Paul Green to Roosters

are tow that spring to mind but I'm sure there are others

also this year if Bell, Anasta or Orford end up at Souths it would be obvious they were talked to before JUne 30th yet I'm betting unless some major proof is found nothing is done

brenno

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
as long as it isn't officially annouced until after June 30th or there is undeniable proof (and a lot of it) that they had talked nothing will be done

There have been plenty of cases in the past that if they were going to get fined it would have happened yet nothing

PJ MArsh to Warriors
Paul Green to Roosters

also this year if Bell, Anasta or Orford end up at Souths it would be obvious they were talked to before JUne 30th yet I'm betting unless some major proof is found nothing is done

nothing is done at all, the anti-tampering deadline is a farce. There a numerous examples of players signing contracts @ 12:01pm on july 1. How can a player sign a contract that quickly if he has had no contact with other clubs?

Davester

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:

PJ Marsh to Warriors
Paul Green to Roosters

also this year if Bell, Anasta or Orford end up at Souths it would be obvious they were talked to before June 30th yet I'm betting unless some major proof is found nothing is done

Yeah good point you got there

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Confirmed (why was the confirmed 06 Movements thread deleted?):

Hughes and Phelps, Dogs 06-07.

Mitsubishi Electric have also added their name to our jerseys for 2 more years + 1yr option.

gr8_1

Juniors
Ryan O'Hara - Tigers
Jason Cayless - Tigers
Luke Bailey - Tigers
Shaun Berrigan - Tigers
Jamaal Lolesi - Tigers

All rumoured. Prob get none though.

ausraider

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
Ryan O'Hara - Tigers
Jason Cayless - Tigers
Luke Bailey - Tigers
Shaun Berrigan - Tigers
Jamaal Lolesi - Tigers

All rumoured. Prob get none though.

Thats I guess about 2.0m of the cap so with the rest you would be able to get maybe another 6 players so Tigers will have a total playing roster of about 11 players for season 06. lol.

smeghead

Bench
ausraider said:
Thats I guess about 2.0m of the cap so with the rest you would be able to get maybe another 6 players so Tigers will have a total playing roster of about 11 players for season 06. lol.

No we are actually cloning players underneath the Mary St stand at Leichardt. You do not have to pay a clone

Status
Not open for further replies.