What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franko

Juniors
brenno said:
just backing up what u said mate & that was a semi rant as well.

Keep in mind it works against Souths as well. It wont take long after the deadline and Ashley Harrison will be somewhere else.
So it works both ways.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Crocker => Bulldogs
Galloway => Tigers going to go hard for him
Cayless => Sharks
Mason => Sharks going to go hard for him
Vagana => Gold Coast 2007.

All rumours at this stage. No negotiations of course .......

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]By James Hooper
June 17, 2005

A $2.5 million English contract offer is set to force Sydney Roosters Kiwi Test forward Jason Cayless to walk out on the NRL at the end of this season.

The Daily Telegraph has learned that five English clubs - St Helens, Wigan, Bradford, French UTC and London - have all thrown irresistible big-money deals at the New Zealand Test star.

In a shock loss for 2004 minor premiers Sydney Roosters, Cayless last night confirmed he is seriously considering turning his back on the NRL.

The news comes as the Roosters prepare to travel to Cronulla to meet a desperate Sharks outfit at Toyota Park tonight.

"I've played in four grand finals at the Roosters and I absolutely love the club and if everything was equal I would love to stay here," Cayless said.

"But the fact is I've got some really big offers from the UK which I have to consider.

"I might only be 25 years old but I do have to consider my financial future. If I choose to stay in the NRL then I can't really see myself playing for any other club than the Roosters.

"I love it at the Roosters, I've made some great friends and the coaching and support staff are the best in the business."

Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan confimred the Bondi Junction outfit will meet Cayless next week to work out whether he is staying in the NRL.

Advertisement:
Cayless's manager David Riolo refused to confirm the massive English offers, but the Daily Telegraph understands the Kiwi Test prop has been pondering them for the past month.

The latest expected loss to the NRL continues the trend of players leaving Australia to take up big-money deals in the UK.

In another English development, Sharks dynamo Michael Sullivan is understood to be poised to link with Warrington as a halfback for next season.

The Daily Telegraph

So Willie and Anasta to the roosters now then
[/font]

Bulldog Power

Juniors
i would seriously want to murder someone if willie and anasta went to the roosters together

also it would be proof in the pudding that the roosters have nothing as a club... and the only way to get anywhere is to buy the best of your rivals

eg. fittler from penrith, fitzgibbon from st george, most rooster players

albi

Juniors
As the Roosters aren't required to conform to the salary cap, I predict.

Mason + Anasta to Rooters
Phil Gould to remain in his own arse

Frenzy.

Immortal
As of last night at the game the newest rumours I heard were

Mason => Sharks (one foot in the door)
Steven Bell => Sharks
Cayless => Sharks - (now unlikely)

Roosters can't afford both at this stage. Anasta is the priority. They have the forwards but have no 5/8. They have to match Souths offer or go close to get Anasta which won't leave much for anyone else.

Sam

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:

Steven Bell => Sharks

Roosters can't afford both at this stage. Anasta is the priority. They have the forwards but have no 5/8. They have to match Souths offer or go close to get Anasta which won't leave much for anyone else.

Are these strong rumours captain or just typical street talk??

Franko

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:

Steven Bell => Sharks

My latest is Anasta, Mason and Ashley Harrison to the Chooks. Matt Orford and Steven Bell to Souths.

Morenito

Juniors
Saw a Sports Tonight flash report. Says that Jason Cayless revealed tonight his taking up an offer to go to an England club.

Watch the Sports tonight to get confirmation i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.