What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

siclad_5

Juniors
elyod138 said:
We need to keep hannay, bowman will be gone in a couple of years and williams will take his place with hannay on the other side.

maybe hannay wont want to wait "a couple of years" to play first grade again:shock:

Esoj

Juniors
meli is apparently going to sign for St Helens this week.

Te mata is also execpted to make some decision later this with Bradford, London, Melbourne and the Roosters all being interested.

Cliff Beverly is coming back to NZ and there is a rumour he will sign for the warriors.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
siclad_5 said:
maybe hannay wont want to wait "a couple of years" to play first grade again:shock:

More like Brenton Bowen won't wait. The Cowboys have to make a tough decision in the future, force a great clubman like Bowman retire/go to England or risk losing Brenton Bowen.

Or they could just move Bowman to lock, but that's unlikely

elyod138

Bench

No, it will be sing, hannay, bowman, williams untill bowman goes then williams will go to centre and bowen will go to the wing.

Franko

Juniors
Brendon said:
Todd Polglaze back to the Knights

From the Newcastle Herald, apparently he is keen to return to the club

I hope not. Bloody hell, him and Harrison have buseted there gut for Souths and we might have lost them both.

Franko

Juniors
cainen said:
Lyon to play for Manly next year to be precise wasn't it?

If it happens, Manly will become hated by a new generation of fans.

Geez Lyons and Bell in the centres would be pretty lethal.

smeghead

Bench
Lethal and probably illegal with the cap unless you release more players. I dont think manly can afford to lose more depth for the sake of Lyon

Bulldog Power

Juniors
if manly signed jamie lyon next tear i would say manly are definetly busting the cap

all this stuff about orford being paid by 3 manly supporters would put proof to that...

RainMan

Juniors
Bulldog Power said:
if manly signed jamie lyon next tear i would say manly are definetly busting the cap

all this stuff about orford being paid by 3 manly supporters would put proof to that...

They can't. Parra have made it very clear that Lyon cannot play for Manly until at least 2007. Come 2007, Manly will have a bit to spend if they want to make a play for Lyon.

slamminsam246

Juniors

How the F*** would you know? Do you work for Manly's Cap Editor thingy? I don't think so. The only players that would earn more than 150k a year would be the Watmough, Kennedy, Kite, Monas and now Orford. Everyone else is as cheap as chips.

Stewart - junior
Hicks - Panthers PL player
Hill - small match payments
Alberts - PL player
Witt - Eels dumped him
Hecks - Eels dumped him (i think)
Randall - cheap cuz of Manly loyalty
Menzies - NOT IN CAP (10 year service)
Bench - All cheap

The roosters are the one's to look at - how they got Joel Monaghan AND Amos Roberts last year beats me

slamminsam246

Juniors
OK but Kite and Kennedy received a sign-on fee which payed them up front most of their money for their deals and it only spent the cap of the 2004 season (which we had heaps left because of previous money problems - p.s. thanx Max)

I think this speculation was brought up because of the past (our so-called 'bought' premierships). PLUS sour grapes from Rabbits and Storm for their loss.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Stewart just signed up for four more years and you only ever sign those deals if there is good money involved. They think he's a future Aus rep, so he wouldn't be cheap anymore. Witt is also on good money (alot more than what he is worth anyway)

If Manly sign Lyon, they're breaching the cap, it's that simple. There is absolutely no way they can fit him in and as much as the little rat wants to go to Manly, he knows he is worth good money so he won't sign for any less than $300,000 - $350,000 a season, and that is the lowest.

slamminsam246

Juniors
If Manly sign Lyon they would THEN be close to the cap. You cannot say that we have the best squad in the comp. In fact we would be very low when it comes to face value. FFS you aren't a F***ing editor so before you make accusations look at clubs that DO sign stars each year (Rorters). We bought two last year and possibly two this year, we have had no-one 'blue-chip' other than them for like 7 years.

It's not our fault players hate your club (lyon) nor that you throw away your junior (witt,hecks,doald etc.). Stop making up sh!t

bartman

Immortal
St Helens won't let Lyon go easily - he's turned into their main strike weapon in their quest to win a trophy. And even if he did I'm not sure Parra would give Lyon an NRL release for next year without wanting to demand a huge transfer fee etc.

Jamie may be missing Australia and his family, but he should get to come home for Xmas and through summer. Then he's only got to go back for another 8-9 months in 2006 to fulfil his obligations, and be free to then sign with whoever he wants. Don't think the rumour will come to fruition, Manly (or anyone else wanting him in 2007) had better be budgeting ahead in preparation.

cainen

Juniors
From the herald today:

A report yesterday suggested Lyon could seek a release from St Helens and be at Manly in 2006, but Mitchell said: "Parramatta holds Jamie's main contract. It is a supplementary agreement that allows him to play for St Helens, and for him to play for an NRL club next year he would have to get permission from us. We've been transparent in our reasoning for not releasing him to Manly in the short term. Part of Jamie's reasoning for wanting to leave the club was to move out of the direct area of Sydney and we have allowed Penrith and Wests Tigers to approach him because they offer an opportunity … to live out on the fringe. Manly is in Sydney.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/monaghan-jaunt-a-storm-in-a-teacup/2005/07/24/1122143729621.html

God I hope Penrith try and take up the opportunity.

The Tank

Bench
cainen said:
From the herald today:

A report yesterday suggested Lyon could seek a release from St Helens and be at Manly in 2006, but Mitchell said: "Parramatta holds Jamie's main contract. It is a supplementary agreement that allows him to play for St Helens, and for him to play for an NRL club next year he would have to get permission from us. We've been transparent in our reasoning for not releasing him to Manly in the short term. Part of Jamie's reasoning for wanting to leave the club was to move out of the direct area of Sydney and we have allowed Penrith and Wests Tigers to approach him because they offer an opportunity … to live out on the fringe. Manly is in Sydney.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/monaghan-jaunt-a-storm-in-a-teacup/2005/07/24/1122143729621.html

God I hope Penrith try and take up the opportunity.

:lol: I wish. It ain't gonna happen. I thought maybe with the likes of MacDougall (Luke), Lyon, and Hannay being mentioned as our "quality centre".

Then we sign O'Halloran. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts