What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicious

Bench
Franko said:
If that was true it would be a great signing for Souths.
Where did you hear this one?

I`m hearing that Bailey isn`t a big fan of Stuart Raper`s coaching and that Raper`s not too happy with quite a few of Bailey`s performances. Possibility of an early release and the Bunnies are ready to swoop!

Corbin

Juniors
From a quite reliable source The Sean Long to Souths is back on after Richardson visited England last week whilst Souths had the bye.

Also i hear Fielden WILL NOT be going to the roosters and will finish off his contract with Bradford and then go to the GC in 2007.

And 1 last thing Souths are now leading the race to sign Chris McKenna with Bradford after him as well.

The reason McKenna wants to come home is to play for Queensland and Australia again.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Corbin said:
The reason McKenna wants to come home is to play for Queensland and Australia again.

Not bloody likely :lol: McKenna is well past it now, will only be a good reliable first grader, not an International player and he's kidding himself if he thinks he can get back there

Corbin

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Not bloody likely :lol: McKenna is well past it now, will only be a good reliable first grader, not an International player and he's kidding himself if he thinks he can get back there

Dont worry i agree with you also i doubt he could make the australian side he might be a chance for Queensland off the bench considering the Queensland Bench sometimes changing alot.

He is now more considered a backrower than a centre.

Corbin

Juniors
Bullseye said:
Strong rumour in the UK is that McKenna has signed with Bradford.

How could that be with the quotabeing reduced to 3? From what my mail is that Souths are leading the race for his signature

bartman

Immortal
Corbin said:
How could that be with the quotabeing reduced to 3? From what my mail is that Souths are leading the race for his signature
I think only Brad Meyers and Ben Harris count on Bradford's quota now? Most of the Kiwi/Pacific Islander players would be exempt under Kolpak. So a McKenna move would be possible.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Plus Ben Harris wants to leave and come back to Australia apparently, so they may sign McKenna to replace Harris because they play the same positions.

bartman

Immortal
Not to mention trying to fill Jamie Peacock's boots when he announces he's going over to Leeds (having knocked back a contract extension with Bradford).

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
aussies1st said:
That would mean the Sharks will have to keep playing Covell :)

covell will be there even if we sign matt king, wendell sailor , nigel gaffey, albert torrens and luke patten. did you not see last night ,

sharkadelic

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
covell will be there even if we sign matt king, wendell sailor , nigel gaffey, albert torrens and luke patten. did you not see last night ,

Nigel Gaffey? lol. He may be 42 but would still be a better buy than Torrens or Sailor. How good was Covell last night? A deadset f*cking machine. If only we had another 16 of them.

Nuffs

Bench
mckenna's mum or dad is irish. he isn't part of the quota

and he will sign with Bradford. GUARANTEED! source is perfect and every sharks forummer knows i've never been wrong with mckenna

souths were a good chance after cronulla said no in May. then they couldn't sign a waterboy so he decided not to come back

expect a 1 yr deal with bradford with a gold coast stint right on the cards. if stuey raper isn't coaching sharks in 2007, cronulla will be favourites not gold coast

Bullseye

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Plus Ben Harris wants to leave and come back to Australia apparently, so they may sign McKenna to replace Harris because they play the same positions.

Heard that rumour but Ben Harris looks quite happy to me. Always has a smile on his face and is playing a part in the Bulls Xmas Pantomime. Not the sign of an unhappy bloke.

McKenna is much more of a second row nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts