What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour: Wallace to swap with Boyd?

DeeJ

Bench
Wallace is an ok half, not in the top 5 though..

But I don't see an improvement on Hornby in this swap. Our clear defiency is at hooker and not half.

Peter Wallace would be a fine hooker as well. But I hope this deal does not go ahead.

stg666

Juniors
personally, i think that boyd did not have a good year. big improvement needed. beau henry must get a go imo. if not up to it, wayne will know, and if he can handle the top level we are laughing. i would like to see lett get a run as well. may as well give fepulai a run at hooker in the trials. lets see how the young ones go if given the chance.

RedVDave

First Grade
I for one would be thrilled if this were true! However it's probably just off-season speculation.

Oh well gives us all something to talk about ...I guess

watatank

Coach
Not a fan of this move (in the unlikely event it happens) if he moves to the halves. He's not much of an upgrade on Hornby, if at all IMO and it'd almost certainly mean our young halves Henry and K.Stanley will be gone.

I'd certainly be open to it if Bennett wanted to turn Wallace into a lock or hooker, though.

saint-colesy

Juniors
Wallace isn't a lock.

Hooker, maybe but definitely doenst have the defense or work rate to be a lock. He's no Shaun Timmins.

What makes people think Boyd is unhappy and homesick?

He isn't a 14 year old little boy ffs.

watatank

Coach
If he doesn't have the defence for lock why would he for hooker? :? anyway if Wallace played lock he'd obviously have to build up a bit but it could be made to work. He wouldn't defend in the middle of the field as we have plenty of backrowers such as Prior, Smith, Costigan, Hunt even who can do that, he'd probably defend fourth man in and he'd be capable of that. In attack, play like a second five eighth and have the fullback (presumably Nightingale) just roam around the ruck and do his thing

watatank

Coach
On a side note couldn't the Dragons try and bring Boyd's grandmother down (on a regular basis if not permanently).

watatank

Coach
Might be an idea mate.. what position did you have in mind for her?

It wouldn't be about giving her a position...:roll:

What I mean is the club could look to help her move home close by to Boyd or maybe arranging for her to come to more Dragons home games more regularly...something like that would really ease the homesickness.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
apparently we're swapping wendell for alfie langer too.

Bananarama-I-Heard-A-Rumour-52554.jpg

Latest posts