What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour

Kornstar

Coach
Well we would need only depth for our team, our starting forwards are great on paper, it is the fringe players we need to aquire and they are not going to cost us a fortune.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our forwards are ok for a few years.So are our backs and there are always juniors coming thru in those positions for parra

Stagger eel

Staff member
Well we would need only depth for our team, our starting forwards are great on paper, it is the fringe players we need to aquire and they are not going to cost us a fortune.

Horo has been fantstic as a stand in for Shack and I'd go as far saying that he'll jump several spots on the pecking order by the end of the year, he isn't the same player he was 12 months ago that's for sure.

Kornstar

Coach
Horo has been fantstic as a stand in for Shack and I'd go as far saying that he'll jump several spots on the pecking order by the end of the year, he isn't the same player he was 12 months ago that's for sure.

That's the thing, if Lasalo and say O'Hanlon can stand up and play like Horo, then we are going well for depth in the second row. We will be light on in the front row for depth. Tandy would have been a good pick up!

Bazal

Post Whore

Someone did call that at the start of the year :p:p

Anyway, IF we happen to get Cronk I'm not sure we need much in the way of top side signings otherwise...a few depth players here and there at about the Oake/Wright/Etu level would do nicely.

caylo

Bench
that's right...and that actually concerns me, can you imagine the gains and losse sheet looking like this.

Gains: Cooper Cronk

Losses: Feleti Mateo, Nathan Cayless, Kris INU, Kris Keating and Eric Grothe.

makes for an interesting situation in terms of depth.

That wouldnt concern me to much tbh stagg. Feleti and Nath would be a loss but Inu and Grothe have both missed alot of footy and KK would be replaced with Cronk. IMO we would loss a bit of depth,but Allgood, Pele or Shak could replace Caylo upfront and Le Maari, OHanlan or Shak to replace Mateo in the backrow with Horo starting at lock.
No team in the comp has the front row rotation that we have and next year Mannah and Poore will play more minutes (avg around 40min this year) and TBH we could probably cover most of the match between the three of them, allowing an inexperiance prop to come through with little pressure.

caylo

Bench
That's the thing, if Lasalo and say O'Hanlon can stand up and play like Horo, then we are going well for depth in the second row. We will be light on in the front row for depth. Tandy would have been a good pick up!

I disagree mate, even thou there isnt any experiance our wenty props Allgood and Pele look the goods, plus shak can slot into the frontrow. Why I think that is more then enough depth considering even next year we will have 3 high quality props. Brisbane are doing alright with backrower and nobodies upfront.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That wouldnt concern me to much tbh stagg. Feleti and Nath would be a loss but Inu and Grothe have both missed alot of footy and KK would be replaced with Cronk. IMO we would loss a bit of depth,but Allgood, Pele or Shak could replace Caylo upfront and Le Maari, OHanlan or Shak to replace Mateo in the backrow with Horo starting at lock.
No team in the comp has the front row rotation that we have and next year Mannah and Poore will play more minutes (avg around 40min this year) and TBH we could probably cover most of the match between the three of them, allowing an inexperiance prop to come through with little pressure.

i should remind you Caylo that a suposedly strong Wenty side containing Allgood, Pele, TeMaari and Lassalo went down to a sharks team by 50...

if we need to rely on those guys to cover our losses than we're in deep sh*t.

caylo

Bench
i should remind you Caylo that a suposedly strong Wenty side containing Allgood, Pele, TeMaari and Lassalo went down to a sharks team by 50...

if we need to rely on those guys to cover our losses than we're in deep sh*t.

Mate we had the same arguments with players like Horo, Hayne, Smith and Mateo. These guys arnt going to be lining up off the kick off and they arnt going to be playing big minutes, they might come on for 20-30min periods just like Horo was doing at the beginning of the year.

Around good quality players they will also improve and adapt their own game. would you consider the following pack a bad pack?

8 Poore
10 Fui
11 Hindmarsh
12 Horo
13 Smith

15 TeMaari or OHanlan
16 Shakelton
17 Mannah
(other option is start shak in backrow and have Allgood or Pele off the bench)

eel4life

Juniors
I know we are chasing Copper big time now chasing and getting are 2 diff things but if we do get him then it will basically fill a massive void in our team ..

hope we get him but i doubt we will ...

lewiscook

Juniors
I know we are chasing Copper big time now chasing and getting are 2 diff things but if we do get him then it will basically fill a massive void in our team ..

hope we get him but i doubt we will ...

No one should be getting there hopes up about Cronk.
I truelly cannot see this happening

Latest posts