What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour

strider

Post Whore
i'm with avenger - i've got a feeling deep down in my guts too

.... oh hang on ... be back in 10 mins ...

caylo

Bench
what????????...FMD mate comparing those blokes to the current crop is hideious..

just incase you missed it..

Hayne made his debut at 17 in 2006,

Smith made his debut in 2004 then played most of 2005 just out of NYC

Horo, always had potential and when he was on was a better player than the current crop, he also had a few long injury stints on the sideline.

Mateo made his debut in 2004 had a fallen out with coach Smith, spent a year in London before sterring his team to gf win in reserve grade and then nabbing a regular sot in 07..

please don't compare those guys to Allgood, Lassalo, Robo and the like...

Tim Mannah is a guy that was ALWAYS going to make he came straight out of NYC to fg, he basicaly fits into the Hayne catogory..

Hayne and Mannah took time to produce his best, they are superstars but so was Inu and look how he turned out. There aree players that should have made it and didnt and there are players that alot of people said didnt have it to make it but have.
Horo was alot like Mateo being up and down through the jnrs but the point is they have made the transition, you cant ride off players simply because of team results.

Simply Stagg would you prefer Cronk and a Wenty player replacing Mateo (assuming Shak is a direct replacment for Cayless) or would you prefer to keep KK and replace Mateo and Cayless?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Simply Stagg would you prefer Cronk and a Wenty player replacing Mateo (assuming Shak is a direct replacment for Cayless) or would you prefer to keep KK and replace Mateo and Cayless?

I'm hopeful for Cronk and 2 decent forwards ie: Lowrie and J Mannah.

If we can't land Crobk than we should keep KK and go for Blair and maybe Ben Cross or Chris Armit

parra pete

Referee
Cronk use to be our shortstop when I played Baseball with him up here in Brissy, even at that age he was a natural leader. My Grandad played Baseball with Coopers Grandad and my old man and Coopers old man were friends for awhile there.

Little useless fact that I didn't need to share but hey, hopefully I can say I knew the future Parramatta halfback. ;-)

Thank you for sharing that with us....or me - at least.
One person will sleep very peacefully in the township of Hay tonight knowing that.
I drank Coopers Pale Ale....Mmmmmmm Coopers!!!!!!!!

Springs

First Grade
Thank you for sharing that with us....or me - at least.
One person will sleep very peacefully in the township of Hay tonight knowing that.
I drank Coopers Pale Ale....Mmmmmmm Coopers!!!!!!!!

No one sleeps peacefully in Hay it's worse than Innsmouth...

Tizzun

Juniors
Surely Bellamy would try to keep Cronk, Smith and Slater and build next years team around them. Can't see Cronk leaving the Storm.

Forty20

First Grade
If this rumour does come to fruition you can count on me firing off an email to Senor Doust in regards to if he can put me in contact with a good custom T-shirt designer/manufacturer.

If we get in early we might be able to jag a good deal (especially since they never sold their last bulk order :roll:)

:cool:

caylo

Bench
Surely Bellamy would try to keep Cronk, Smith and Slater and build next years team around them. Can't see Cronk leaving the Storm.
I think the first person they will keep is Smith, then Inglis or slater simply because they are the face of the storm. Cronk has played less rep games then any of them but he would be the first player I would keep out of the 4 if it was my choice.

You must remember that each player is on around 600K (payment unaccounted for in the cap previously). If they did that they would have 2.4-2.6mil on 22 players which just over 100-120K each meaing if they had 11 players on 55K they would have 11 players on 165-180K. To put it simply they would have a classy 1, 7, 9 with a pack of Todd Lowries and backline full of Wrights (i.e they would go close to the spoon --> cowboys anyone).

Fathead

Bench
If Cronk or any of them had any sense they would leave the Storm - pronto.
Their reputation has been truly stained by the stink down there.
It would be very tempting for the high profile players to sign with an established, well run and solvent team.
As for Cronk, Its either Manly or the eels.
Manly have Foran and are playing to their potential
The eels have bugger all in the halves and a great roster around them, with unlimited potential.
I pick the eels !!!

caylo

Bench
If Cronk or any of them had any sense they would leave the Storm - pronto.
Their reputation has been truly stained by the stink down there.
It would be very tempting for the high profile players to sign with an established, well run and solvent team.
As for Cronk, Its either Manly or the eels.
Manly have Foran and are playing to their potential
The eels have bugger all in the halves and a great roster around them, with unlimited potential.
I pick the eels !!!

Manly have a great backrow, good young half and solid outside backs and a well run team. We have some of the quickest backs in the comp, a top 5 player in the world, some good young halves that need some guidance and a prop roation second to non.
I think he would make more of a name for himself here and hopefully Lowrie can drop in a few good words.

eel4life

Juniors
lets wait and see what happens,

i kinda think he has already made up his mind and i am hoping it is with parra because he is exactly what we need.

sarahk

Juniors
Guys i think its parra.

Cronk has a thing for Hayne....... ( proof: Parra vs storm 61st min).

Latest posts