What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumour

Fathead

Bench
strangely enough, this dam rumour won't go away even if you want it to..and the media have simply ignored it..

very weird indeed.

yeah why the hell is that ??? usually ANY sniff has the media in a lather and I have heard nothing..
I see Danny W has been bombared on 'twitter' by fans asking if it is true. So far - no comment .... all very very strange.

natheel

Coach
well i hope its true, i rekon its been quiet because of the inglis/tahu/johns thing going on.

natheel

Coach
another thing on my mind with this tahu thing...could parra offload him to release money to get cronk seeing is he is very unsettled at the moment? this isnt a rumour just a theory of mine...i hope not coz if cronk comes tahu will benefit majorly

natheel

Coach
yeah why the hell is that ??? usually ANY sniff has the media in a lather and I have heard nothing..
I see Danny W has been bombared on 'twitter' by fans asking if it is true. So far - no comment .... all very very strange.

i was gonna say this too and his question of 'why???' to hayne saying 'rattled!!!' has got me thinking too. maybe there is a BIG announcement to come sometime soon from parra....maybe reading to much into it though

Stagger eel

Staff member
another thing on my mind with this tahu thing...could parra offload him to release money to get cronk seeing is he is very unsettled at the moment? this isnt a rumour just a theory of mine...i hope not coz if cronk comes tahu will benefit majorly

there's no chance of T being released.

stormbati

Bench
Another thing, Cronk didn't look himself at the game on Saturday. Even after his try, if you get to watch the footage, you can clearly see somethings up. Now that this rumor has popped up, I'm thinking the worst. :( I love this guy.

Fathead

Bench
Another thing, Cronk didn't look himself at the game on Saturday. Even after his try, if you get to watch the footage, you can clearly see somethings up. Now that this rumor has popped up, I'm thinking the worst. :( I love this guy.

the thing is that if parra pull this off we will have an established halfback who can actually play !
In the past we have had blokes that either were untried or over the hill.

Tizzun

Juniors
I still don't think it will happen, however if it does the Storm have a good knack of finding replacement players, when players leave, quite easily. I doubt losing Cronk will cause too much drama for them next season.

would be nice it this happened before June 30 this year and he played the rest of the season with us, we would give the comp a shake then.

strider

Post Whore
The second plan proposed cutting two of the superstars, depending on the demand from other NRL clubs.
Cronk, understood to be receiving $400,000 from the Storm, has been offered $650,000 by another NRL club and $850,000 by Biarritz, the club AFL recruit Karmichael Hunt has left. Cronk is also being courted by new Super 15 club Melbourne Rebels.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...lip-storms-future-in-doubt-20100623-yzbw.html

also in that article ...

Football manager Frank Ponissi recently met NRL salary cap commissioner Ian Schubert and presented two plans to re-sign players by slashing salaries by $1.3 million.

One plan involved retaining the club's top four stars – Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Cooper Cronk and Greg Inglis – and making savings by culling the next tier of first graders, such as internationals Brett White, Adam Blair and Sika Manu.

The second plan proposed cutting two of the superstars, depending on the demand from other NRL clubs.
Cronk, understood to be receiving $400,000 from the Storm, has been offered $650,000 by another NRL club and $850,000 by Biarritz, the club AFL recruit Karmichael Hunt has left. Cronk is also being courted by new Super 15 club Melbourne Rebels.

seems they believe they can keep the big 4 :-s

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Well, what I am hearing NOW is....... get ready for an announcement very shortly, something almost on par with the big buy up of the 4 Doggies during early Super League War......

I hope it is true...

I will be glad if one third of it is true.....

hybrideel

Bench
I hope we aren't paying $650,000 for him. Noone in this salary cap climate is worth that much. We would then effectively have 3 players - Hayne, Hindy, Cronk taking 1/3 of the cap. And i'm pretty sure Tahu would be getting a significant increase as well.

sarahk

Juniors
Can everyone stop saying 'very shortly'

Just friken tell us what the rumour is im sure we can handle it if it doesnt end up being true.