What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings and Crap IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Immortal
here's a question, is he worth the risk at the minnimum wage??

No. He is a quick fix, and contradicts what was rebuilt last year.

I don't even think he is a quick fix. He chased big money in Union, is apparently not overly fit at the moment (offseason, yes) and has been known to cause trouble where ever he ends up. I feel the club already has enough egos to balance without bringing in one like Mason....

Eels Dude

Coach

No also. I wouldn't want him at the club even if he played for free. He has proven he can be a hinderance to a club more than asset, you don't want players like that leading others astray.

Fathead

Bench
Willie wont be anywhere near the club next season. His appointment would be worse than Carl Webb with the extra problems regarding his ability to lead the youngsters to 'the dark side'.
It just aint gonna happen.

natheel

Coach
if this question was raised 3 years ago id be happy to give him a chance. but now? no. we have a good culture forming at the club and we dont need someone like him in our side. we have plenty of good forwards coming through anyway.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

yep and we would be crazy not to sign him at that price. His form was good at the cowboys and could really provide the eels with a missing link - a big wide running backrower.

If he is bad influence we can just sack him, but also don't forget the eels have got a few cleanskins who could also pull him into line, Hindmarsh, Mannah, Poore, Smith, Burt, Keating are all senior players in the sqaud who i am sure would not put up with any crap, along with Kearney, the eels should be able to keep him in check.

Eels Dude

Coach
yep and we would be crazy not to sign him at that price. His form was good at the cowboys and could really provide the eels with a missing link - a big wide running backrower.

If he is bad influence we can just sack him, but also don't forget the eels have got a few cleanskins who could also pull him into line, Hindmarsh, Mannah, Poore, Smith, Burt, Keating are all senior players in the sqaud who i am sure would not put up with any crap, along with Kearney, the eels should be able to keep him in check.

The question is whether Willie himself will keep himself in check, or even want to for that matter. Previous situations show he when he doesn't get his own way he becomes a crybaby and it doesn't just affect him but the entire club he plays for. We don't need a player like that. Certain players push too many buttons that clubs aren't willing to sign them no matter how cheap they are. Mason is one of those. His attitude doesn't suggest he'd be willing to take bottom dollar anyway.

hindy111

Post Whore
I genuinely believe Willie could be the difference of us beeing a top 6 side or a title chance...He is exactly the type of player we need if he performs-A wide running back rower who can bust the line
Imagine Hayne throwing him hort balls one on one close to the line

Stagger eel

Staff member
having sat back and thought about this, I would tell Willie that there would a contract on minnumum wage filled with behaviour clauses offered to him based on a week on the training paddock with new trainer Sean Burns, who I'm told is giving the players hell at the moment...

TheRam

Coach
The guy is a loud mouth good for nothing has been, if he ever really was something. I can't believe some people who I respect the opinions of are actually entertaining the thought.

I know as Parra supporters we are a might desperate, but people...people!!! Come on!!!

theres a good chance that we might end up with mason..hindy likes him and reni's is pushing for him so if the guy just wants to play i say let him..one thing ive noticed about parra eels supporters is they are never forgiving about the past and give 2nd chances and its probally why suppoerters dont run the club..!!

Gronk

Staff member
Willie Mason is all talk no action. Way too much hands on hips for mine. No thanks.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
theres a good chance that we might end up with mason..hindy likes him and reni's is pushing for him so if the guy just wants to play i say let him..one thing ive noticed about parra eels supporters is they are never forgiving about the past and give 2nd chances and its probally why suppoerters dont run the club..!!

but we gave fitzgerald 20 chances.....
canofworms.gif

Eels Dude

Coach

2nd chances? Mason would be on his 5th or 6th chance by now... That's enough proof to suggest the guy never learns.

Noise

Coach
What trouble has willie actually got himself into?

I know he got fined for public urination, but who here hasnt pissed behind a tree before?

Yes he's a big personality and played for 3 NRL clubs but what exactly (besides a drunken piss) has he done wrong?

Reni Matuia has a worse rap sheet and he has played for the same number of NRL clubs

Eels Dude

Coach
What trouble has willie actually got himself into?

I know he got fined for public urination, but who here hasnt pissed behind a tree before?

Yes he's a big personality and played for 3 NRL clubs but what exactly (besides a drunken piss) has he done wrong?

Reni Matuia has a worse rap sheet and he has played for the same number of NRL clubs

Falling out with the Bulldogs coaching staff and playing group which resulted in an early release. Falling out with the Roosters coaching staff and playing group which resulted in an early release. Word has it he hasn't impressed anyone in French Rugby either.

Maitua has at least shown a willingness to get his act together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts