What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this Kearney merkin you keep talking about?

futurama-fry-meme-generator-not-sure-if-lying-or-in-utter-denial-cebb85.jpg

I agree. Given the fallow money. Interesting that we were never mentioned, even with sticky picking him.from reggies.

I just hope Nolen continues the plan of looking at snaring the best of the young talent around the league. Klemmer from the Dogs and Baptiste from the Broncs would be good starts. Might have more luck with the rookies than we have had luring the stars.

hindy111

Post Whore
I cant give credit fow will hopatate.We paid overs for a guy on a two year misson out of the game who was already a star before we signed him.
Harry seijka.Maybe penrith dont rate him?
I think Penrith will be OK.I wouldnt worry about Jennings or lewis or Gordon leaving.
Watch what Gould does there.I hope we do the same at out club.I think we will slowly as well and have a better base with Hanye and Sandow.Penrith thou have a very good forward pack and if coote and walsh fire theyl make the 8

Maroubra Eel

Coach
You hope we do what Penrith are doing????? They've lost Jennings, Lewis and Petro.
We should just show Hayne, Hoppa and Mannah the door.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I cant give credit fow will hopatate.We paid overs for a guy on a two year misson out of the game who was already a star before we signed him.
I think Penrith will be OK.I wouldnt worry about Jennings or lewis or Gordon leaving.
Watch what Gould does there.I hope we do the same at out club.I think we will slowly as well and have a better base with Hanye and Sandow.Penrith thou have a very good forward pack and if coote and walsh fire theyl make the 8
They are the worst team in the comp from 1-7, i can see them winning the spoon this year.

jimmy77au

Juniors

Just FYI - I think the Panthers Rated him......and he did take Man of the Match Honours in the Under 20's State of Origin Last Year....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/si...zealand-warriors/story-fndujljl-1226527460487

ONE of Penrith's best young talents, Harry Siejka, has been granted a release and has joined the New Zealand Warriors.

Siejka, who made his first grade debut in 2011 will rejoin forces with his former mentor Matt Elliott.

He had been identified as one of the stars of the future for Penrith in 2008 when they signed Siejka to a three-year deal worth $75,000 a year at the age of 16, a then record.

The Australian Schoolboys under-15 halfback he was targeted by both Ricky Stuart and Wayne Bennett.

Originally from Bathurst, Siejka was nurtured through the Penrith development system and many had been hoping he would be become the club's next Greg Alexander.

Siejka, more a no.7 than no.6, will run into a roadblock by the name of Shaun Johnson at the Warriors but in the wake of James Maloney's departure to the Roosters, he might assume the five-eighth's jersey.

Having grown up with plenty of mates who played footy in the district, and being a club with the 2 biggest Junior Clubs in the world for many years - the Panfers have always been a basketcase in my opinion.....

natheel

Coach
Mate if they miss out on thurston then they will chase hayne. But I think most clubs will go after him. He will stay IMO

Sphagnum

Coach
Make him Captain this year and he will sign on for life IMHO.

You don't make the '12th man' captain. Hayne will carry the drinks all year for Parramatta so they don't risk injury.

He is too important to risk by playing him at all.

Suitman

Post Whore
You don't make the '12th man' captain. Hayne will carry the drinks all year for Parramatta so they don't risk injury.

He is too important to risk by playing him at all.

Or we could go down the "John Inverarity rotation policy" path. Hayne sits out 2013, plays 2014, sits out 2015 plays 2016 etc....

Suity

Or we could go down the "John Inverarity rotation policy" path. Hayne sits out 2013, plays 2014, sits out 2015 plays 2016 etc....

Suity

Wouldn't that be more like:

Sits out 2013, plays one game in 2014 and cops a seasoning ending injury (not enough match fitness) ruling him out for 6 months. Expected to make come back in first game of 2015, but Mullaney selected instead because his lighter frame is better suited to the heavy Mount Smart Stadium surface.

Sphagnum

Coach

Suity

Ah, I think you'll find it's not a 'rotation policy' per se, it's 'internal player management process' or some equally ridiculous synonym.

Maybe he could sit out 2013 so he is all sweet to shoot ads for all the sponsors leading into 2014 and then review from there.

Players don't actually have to do anything on the footy field on a consistent basis to be revered as God$.

Just look at the All stars team... Shaun Kenny Dowell? That guy is f**ken useless and he is considered to be an allstar.

Go figure.

Ah, I think you'll find it's not a 'rotation policy' per se, it's 'internal player management process' or some equally ridiculous synonym.

Maybe he could sit out 2013 so he is all sweet to shoot ads for all the sponsors leading into 2014 and then review from there.

Players don't actually have to do anything on the footy field on a consistent basis to be revered as God$.

Just look at the All stars team... Shaun Kenny Dowell? That guy is f**ken useless and he is considered to be an allstar.

Go figure.

At least he has a club. Travis Waddell doesn't even have an NRL contract for 2013 and he still made the Indigenous Allstars team.

Any thoughts whether the Eels should pursue Kurtley Beale for 2014, given he mentioned that he'd like to give league a crack. A much better proposition than Quade "I can box too" Cooper, albeit a little injury prone.

Status
Not open for further replies.