What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow - wonder if Manly Fans will finally understand our hate for the bloke now....

CHAMPION centre Jamie Lyon wants out from the Manly Sea Eagles.
The Telegraph can reveal Lyon has agreed in principle to a four-year deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

He verbally agreed to the $2 million deal yesterday.

Lyon is due to meet Manly management today to seek an immediate release from the final year of his contract at Brookvale.

A Gold Coast source told the Daily Telegraph: ?Jamie has agreed ? he just needs the release from Manly.

If Lyon is allowed to go, it will ease massive salary cap pressure at the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...old-coast-titans/story-e6frexnr-1226556582049

Given the NRL were significantly increasing the salary cap for 2013 (dont think it was formally announced yet though) why would any side have salary cap pressures for this year. I just don't what's in it for Manly to release Lyon for this year.. That said, bahahahahah. I just wish Lyon had stuck around just long enough for Manly to lose Stewart before asking for his release.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Contract wouldn't be registered with the NRL till after round 12 or something

I think it would be easy to get out of

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The contract is already registered. He's already appeared in Eels colours, and he's undertaking a training program overseen by Eels staff.

He's obviously already contracted to the club.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
With what we are reportedly going to/are paying Will, surely Manly can't match that. More chance of it happening if Hasler was still there IMO.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...raider-waddell-a-lifeline-20130122-2d5nr.html

Waddell will be a decent pick up on a coke and pie deal if there was a spot left in the squad. Has experience, is still young and has some potential plus we only have two hookers in the squad.

Waddell is rubbish. He'd be behind Keating and Smith, and thats saying something. No good buying crap players, even if they come cheap unless we want a repeat of the Webb, Walker, Hicks fiasco.

I see Carney has knocked back the 3 year deal put forward by the Sharks. Anyone else worried that Sticky with sell the farm to get Carney on board? Good player, on his day, but we already have enough "one their day" players. If we are going to splash major coin, it needs to be on a consistant top-liner IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts