What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Good news on the min wage increase IMHO.

A $1.4 million increase to this year's salary cap is expected to be approved within days by NRL players..

The expected salary cap rise from $4.4 million to $5.8 million under the new collective bargaining agreement between the NRL and the Rugby League Players Association.

Other key components of the deal are a rise in the minimum wage to $80,000, a $100,000 rise in the marquee player allowance to $400,000 and improvements to the players' retirement fund and injury insurance.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...id-for-lyon-20130121-2d39v.html#ixzz2IkLIZlIO

Stagger eel

Staff member
If Luke Kelly doesn't cement his place in the number 6, we should be going all out for Thurston. No more f**king around just go for the best.

I've been told that our 2 best trainers have been Kelly and Roberts.. Could be quite a tussle for Bert's jersey come round 1

Snoochies

First Grade
I still go hard for Hayne but if Farah came to the club I might go hard for him too.

9k=

:lol:

How about the tussle for Burt's jersey? The coveted number 2 will be hard to fill.

I think there will be tussles for just about every jersey. Sandow at 7, Mannah starting prop and Tonga in the centres are just about the only players/positions that an confident that Ricky will go with. Hayne will obviously be in the side, but I'm sure Ricky is still toying with him being a 5/6 (even though I think he's a better fullback).

Compare that to say the Dogs, and I recon the only spots up for grabs would be a winger spot, a bench forward and maybe the halfback (If Hodko can show some form to get past KK).

Usually you like competition for spots, but not when the majority of the team can't hold down their positions.

I've been told that our 2 best trainers have been Kelly and Roberts.. Could be quite a tussle for Bert's jersey come round 1

Problem with Roberts is he doesn't know his potential. Doesn't know what he's doing on the field. He's got a running game that is pretty lethal but he's always in two minds which is killing his game. Same problem at the Bulldogs. Such a waste of talent. It's either he's never had a decent coach or he just doesn't or can't learn.

eels81236

Bench
Roberts has always been a good trainer. He doesn't f**k up with the water bottle so long as he just hands it to somebody who asks for it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sounds like the Aussies cricketers

play like shit but they bat well in the nets

hindy111

Post Whore
I think there will be tussles for just about every jersey. Sandow at 7, Mannah starting prop and Tonga in the centres are just about the only players/positions that an confident that Ricky will go with. Hayne will obviously be in the side, but I'm sure Ricky is still toying with him being a 5/6 (even though I think he's a better fullback).

Compare that to say the Dogs, and I recon the only spots up for grabs would be a winger spot, a bench forward and maybe the halfback (If Hodko can show some form to get past KK).

Usually you like competition for spots, but not when the majority of the team can't hold down their positions.

I dont think your giving a lot of players the credit they deserve.
MoiMoi certain to get a spot as is Lussick and RENI.
Paulo was one of the form players off the bench in the NRL also gets a deff spot.Maybe there are a few spots where a better player may take there spot but our side is 90% decided.Maybe a wing spot starting 5/8 and a few forward spots up for grabs

natheel

Coach
Jerseys with question marks on them at this point for me is

1. Hayne
2.?
3. Tonga
4.?
5. Sio
6.?
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. Smith
12. ?
13. Maitua
14. Lussick
15. Paulo
16. Allgood
17.?

Ricky is big on giving young guys first crack hence Sio, Allgood and Paulo
Keaton only coz he is out best 9 maybe nath smith can get in there at 17.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id say blair morgan are almsot certain Sio not so much-Loko possible and Ben smith more than likely

Status
Not open for further replies.