What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
One of the concerns the coaching staff had about Brien was he was too slow and couldn't pass the ball...I tend to agree with them

Bigfella

Coach
Makes perfect sense that he's playing centre then. That has been our criteria for a centre for a while now!

The Colonel

Immortal
Certainly not a wing or centre. Given his size he could develop into a utility/hooker. If he could learn to pass though.

Gronk

Staff member
The 32-year-old former Kangaroo still has a year left on his contract with the Giants but recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan has confirmed that the Roosters are interested in acquiring O'Donnell's services.

Fringe second rower Tom Symonds, 23, is thought to be one of the players offered to Huddersfield in exchange - but the Giants aren't interested.

Meanwhile the Roosters have announced that 23-year-old back rower Brad Takairangi has been granted an early release from his contract to join the Gold Coast Titans on a three-year deal.
IIRC many here had hardons about the prospect of signing Tom Symonds. :oops:

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ld/story-fn2mcuj6-1226571369967#ixzz2K53da96V

LOL at this comment by a cheeky punter

Robert of Sydney says… Today at 12:29 PM
"Brian Canavan went on to say that Brad Takairangi was being paid $960,000 per year by the Roosters, and with his departure, frees up more room under the cap to now put a bid in for Thurston"

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Lucky we didn't get Symonds. He could barely crack the Roosters side. Takairangi would of been a decent pick up for us, well done to the Titans.

Gronk

Staff member
I wonder if he is related to for Eels great

452 Louis Takaraingi 1987

IIRC Louis was a kamakaze flanker who would hit up the ball so hard that he'd often knock himself out cold.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I wonder if he is related to for Eels great

452 Louis Takaraingi 1987

IIRC Louis was a kamakaze flanker who would hit up the ball so hard that he'd often knock himself out cold.

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that it's his son

Louis knocked himself out scoring a try against Illawarra in a mid week cup game...he was a poor mans Ronnie Gibbs

Captain BF

Juniors
Speaking of red heads from the Roosters, has anything come of the rumour that Shackleton was going to be joining Wenty/Parra on a 2nd tier contract? Or has he gone elsewhere?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Speaking of red heads from the Roosters, has anything come of the rumour that Shackleton was going to be joining Wenty/Parra on a 2nd tier contract? Or has he gone elsewhere?

He was never going to come..so I don't know where the rumor came from

On another note Jason Seage has left the club to go Manly he's replacing Liam Foran in their squad

Gronk

Staff member
He was never going to come..so I don't know where the rumor came from

On another note Jason Seage has left the club to go Manly he's replacing Liam Foran in their squad

WTF why did we let him go ? Who is our backup 7 now ? Kelly ?

#angry

natheel

Coach
Seage wouldn't have got much of a crack with us with Kelly, sandow, Roberts all ahead of him (I know Roberts is debatable) but if he is a direct replacement for Liam foran then I would've gone too. Also we have that api pewhairangi and Jason Whebe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts