What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one to ponder, if Hayne plays 24 games last year do we still come last?

Stagger
We were only 2 wins and a draw away its a good question

and 12 games without him..

Interestingly we did win 2 games without Jarryd last year.

Jarryd did play in 8 losses last year, some were close I grant you, but others were not.

Our Record without Hayne was 10 and 2. The games are listed below. (Round, Opponent, Result, For, Against)

RD 01 Broncos Loss 6 18
RD 03 Cowboys Loss 6 42
RD 04 Panthers Loss 6 39
RD 17 Knights Loss 12 20
RD 18 Sea Eagles Loss 24 40
RD 19 Bulldogs Loss 12 32
RD 21 Broncos Win 42 22
RD 22 Tigers Loss 26 51
RD 23 Roosters Win 36 22
RD 24 Titans Loss 10 24
RD 25 Rabbitohs Loss 6 38
RD 26 Dragons Loss 8 31

So the question might well be is Jarryd Hanye worth some of the differences here. Is he worth 38 points in defence or attack away to the Cowboys? Is he worth 33 points in defence or attack against the Panthers.

He might have covered the spread against the Knights RD 17, and in the Titans RD 24 game, Maybe the Broncos RD 1, and Manly Rd 18 at an outside chance but I can't see him making up a difference of more than 20 points (16 against title contenders) no matter how good he is. if you split the difference in those games, we still get the spoon all because of the massive for and against deficit.

The other question comes down to managing his recovery. Why bring him back round 2 when he clearly looked under done and got injured early in the game ?

No matter how good Hayne is, he is not a one man team and the rest of the team needed to play as well and not hope Haynsey would be there to cover for their deficiencies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well Kearneys gone, so hopefully they will want to come now. Although it might take a while, alot of damage has been done.

If it was just the coach then the damage is fixed. He's gone. Where are all these players who will play for anyone except Kearney?

The Titans won the spoon and they have no trouble recruiting.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If it was just the coach then the damage is fixed. He's gone. Where are all these players who will play for anyone except Kearney?

The Titans won the spoon and they have no trouble recruiting.

Years of damage has been done. It won't be an overnight fix but I'm confident we will get there.

Haynzy

First Grade
I don't think it's just as simple as a points turnaround though Mark.
Momentum plays a big part and teams can put on a stack of points very quickly.
Not to mention the flurry of points at the end of games when one or the other team goes off the boil.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Years of damage has been done. It won't be an overnight fix but I'm confident we will get there.

Agreed. We're on to our fifth coach in eight years. Hopefully we'll only have three or four coaches over the next eight years and maybe get some consistency in our planning.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think it's just as simple as a points turnaround though Mark.
Momentum plays a big part and teams can put on a stack of points very quickly.
Not to mention the flurry of points at the end of games when one or the other team goes off the boil.

And the mindset of our players is another thing as well - I dare say they are more confident when Hayne plays

84 Baby

Referee
luke o'donnell signed for melbourne?

why aren't we after him? surely he's better than gareth hock?
It depends on whether Bert got the club's hot tub time machine working. If he did, we must be going after better players than O'Donnell. If he didn't, the club probably realise that he's probably 5 years past his use by date

Tony Bongo

Bench
Agreed. We're on to our fifth coach in eight years. Hopefully we'll only have three or four coaches over the next eight years and maybe get some consistency in our planning.

With any luck we will only have one, but a good start would be to at least have Stuart see out his contract so that our club can get back some credibility.

Noise

Coach
Rumour: Phil Hughes to be unveiled as eels no. 1 supporter early this year. Has anyone else heard this?

Status
Not open for further replies.