What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrner

Juniors
650k for a prop? I guess if you were going to pay that mcuh for a prop, at least its the best one in the game.

natheel

Coach
Without doubt Scott is best prop in the game. He will be as significant as dean pay was to the side and I dare say he could even be captain. 650k is massive but tbh to lure him from his comfort zone I think anyone would have to pay well above 400k

Craig Johnston

First Grade
given the big deal beavis is making about sydney's 3rd party earning potential, i'd be comfortable if that 650k was inclusive of all 3rd party deals.

84 Baby

Referee
Happy with that....Kelly has much more upside than Roberts
No he doesn't. Not from what I've seen at least. I think you're confusing upside for consistency.
Kelly seems to be the type of player that the worst things he is going to do in a game are couple of missed tackles, a poor kick and generally going missing in attack. But when it comes to singlehandedly winning a game, it'll only be a handful, if any in his career, where he takes control (rather than vanish) when the rest of the team is going rubbish and moves the team around the park to rescue a losing game.

Roberts on the other hand already has displayed games in his past (probably more already than Kelly will ever have) where he just goes nuts with his running game and puts in some ridiculous kicks and offloads and generally looks like a Kiwi Wally Lewis at Origin time. However Roberts tends to put in a lot more games where he'll throw a pass 10m forward over the sideline or grubber a kick half a metre into the waiting arms of a Barba or Jennings who then brush by him to score length of the field.

Given the balance of the team I'd much prefer Kelly as first choice, but having Roberts in the squad isn't a bad idea

Craig Johnston

First Grade
No he doesn't. Not from what I've seen at least. I think you're confusing upside for consistency.
Kelly seems to be the type of player that the worst things he is going to do in a game are couple of missed tackles, a poor kick and generally going missing in attack. But when it comes to singlehandedly winning a game, it'll only be a handful, if any in his career, where he takes control (rather than vanish) when the rest of the team is going rubbish and moves the team around the park to rescue a losing game.

Roberts on the other hand already has displayed games in his past (probably more already than Kelly will ever have) where he just goes nuts with his running game and puts in some ridiculous kicks and offloads and generally looks like a Kiwi Wally Lewis at Origin time. However Roberts tends to put in a lot more games where he'll throw a pass 10m forward over the sideline or grubber a kick half a metre into the waiting arms of a Barba or Jennings who then brush by him to score length of the field.

Given the balance of the team I'd much prefer Kelly as first choice, but having Roberts in the squad isn't a bad idea

i've said from day 1 roberts best position is 14-17

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Spot on. At his best Ben Roberts is as good as anyone in the NRL. If the issue has been coaching then surely we just need a good coach to get some consistency out of him.

You can't have a left half without a kicking game. Leave him at middle half.

Very true. When I played under-6s, every player stood within 5 metres of the play the ball, making everyone except the dummy half a middle half. The position of winger was invented when we left an injured player on the field while the game progressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts