What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Deadset Kelly has only played 10 first grade games so far and he has hit his celing already??? :lol:

Personally, I reckon Kelly will end up no more than a solid first grader (which is better than we've had in a long time). But he's one of the players I'm most interested in watching develop this year.

I think Roberts is a better player (at this stage) but it would be a shame if he restricted Kelly's opportunity this year.

Ricky has a big decision to make.

84 Baby

Referee
Deadset Kelly has only played 10 first grade games so far and he has hit his celing already??? :lol:

Potential and number of games played have no correlation except for when you say the reason a player hasn't played many games is because he lacks potential. I didn't say Kelly had reached his ceiling, just he has a single storey while Roberts has a double. Roberts also has 7 sub basements

EelsFan05

Bench
and then the back page of the sport section for SMH on SUnday (written by Proszenko) I can't find the link, says Nth Qld wont be able to match Parra's 650K pre yr deal. A deal to good to refuse...

We've made plenty of these offers to players in the last 14 months without success.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
someone has got it wrong

In other contract news, Matt Scott is expected to spurn a lucrative Eels offer and re-sign with the Cowboys.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...al-odonnell-deal/story-e6frexnr-1226574520335

and then the back page of the sport section for SMH on SUnday (written by Proszenko) I can't find the link, says Nth Qld wont be able to match Parra's 650K pre yr deal. A deal to good to refuse...

Apparently today it will be announced a Cowboys player is re-signing, but it's neither Thurston or Scott.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Breaking news re: Cowboys

Apparently David Bouveng has written a book about the experience of Australian players in the English SL. It's titled "Sent Off Early?"

He appears in Cowboys uniform on the front cover, and Schubert is counting the proceeds against the cap for next year. It's sold really really well, and looks in the order of $1million - they won't be able to re-sign Scott and Thurston, will have to choose one.

www.news.com/CowboysFuryOverBouvengBook

Eelementary

Post Whore
Breaking news re: Cowboys

Apparently David Bouveng has written a book about the experience of Australian players in the English SL. It's titled "Sent Off Early?"

He appears in Cowboys uniform on the front cover, and Schubert is counting the proceeds against the cap for next year. It's sold really really well, and looks in the order of $1million - they won't be able to re-sign Scott and Thurston, will have to choose one.

www.news.com/CowboysFuryOverBouvengBook

Didn't Schubert do the same to us with Hindmarsh's book?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts