What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delboy

First Grade
I wouldnt read too much into anything posted on the Sharks forum, generally they make stuff up and believe anyone off contract goes there.

Will be very surprised if Hayne leaves, other clubs stir the pot to see if the Eels fans bite

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Would it be so bad if he left? For the money he'd want we could get two Origin-class forwards and be rid of his attitude.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What, you must be looking for a bite. As they said in Airplane "shirley you are not serious"

I'm deadly serious. Having the best player doesn't win premierships; teams that win grand finals are defined by having the fewest weak links.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't get me wrong; Jarryd Hayne is the best player I've ever seen, and I've been watching the game for 4 or 5 years now. I have seen literally dozens of games, so I know what I'm talking about.

The only other player in the world who comes close to Hayne's ability is Benji Marshall, and they've won a single premiership between them.

Matt f**ken Ballin, who's about as good as Matt Keating, has won twice that many. You do the math(s).

strider

Post Whore
Don't get me wrong; Jarryd Hayne is the best player I've ever seen, and I've been watching the game for 4 or 5 years now. I have seen literally dozens of games, so I know what I'm talking about.

The only other player in the world who comes close to Hayne's ability is Benji Marshall, and they've won a single premiership between them.

Matt f**ken Ballin, who's about as good as Matt Keating, has won twice that many. You do the math(s).

you already did when u said twice as many

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
'You do the math' is shorthand for 'the inference should be obvious'. The inference in this case relating to an average player winning twice as many premierships as the two best players in the NRL combined.

Good maths but.

Noise

Coach
I'm deadly serious. Having the best player doesn't win premierships; teams that win grand finals are defined by having the fewest weak links.

Where do you think our weakest links are? For me it's hooker and....actually our whole forward pack

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't forget the mean player.

455787-greg-bird.jpg

Ratchy

Juniors
No he doesn't. Not from what I've seen at least. I think you're confusing upside for consistency.
Kelly seems to be the type of player that the worst things he is going to do in a game are couple of missed tackles, a poor kick and generally going missing in attack. But when it comes to singlehandedly winning a game, it'll only be a handful, if any in his career, where he takes control (rather than vanish) when the rest of the team is going rubbish and moves the team around the park to rescue a losing game.

Roberts on the other hand already has displayed games in his past (probably more already than Kelly will ever have) where he just goes nuts with his running game and puts in some ridiculous kicks and offloads and generally looks like a Kiwi Wally Lewis at Origin time. However Roberts tends to put in a lot more games where he'll throw a pass 10m forward over the sideline or grubber a kick half a metre into the waiting arms of a Barba or Jennings who then brush by him to score length of the field.

Given the balance of the team I'd much prefer Kelly as first choice, but having Roberts in the squad isn't a bad idea

Deadset Kelly has only played 10 first grade games so far and he has hit his celing already??? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts