What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_apostle21

Juniors
As Avenger said, dont forget how good Hoppa is

The story I hear is that RS wants 2 props and second rower for next year, and if we can sign a 5/8 as well, that would be handy, doesnt want to just sign players that get in the way of our own juniors

Something like 17 players off contract, and only 3 or 4 that will definitey come back, we can only hope that the team perform like the no names that RS took the minor premiership at the Sharks

According to this, we are also after Joel Thompson - theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/raiders-fight-to-keep-youth-poachers-at-bay/story-fnca0von-1226589022732

spiderdan

Bench
According to this, we are also after Joel Thompson - theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/raiders-fight-to-keep-youth-poachers-at-bay/story-fnca0von-1226589022732
as much as I rate thompson's potential I don't think he's the type of player that would fit the family culture that Stuart is trying to build.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
as much as I rate thompson's potential I don't think he's the type of player that would fit the family culture that Stuart is trying to build.

That's a strange comment to make, you clearly don't know Joel, he's actually a really nice guy who does a lot for the community, he would be an asset to any club.

natheel

Coach
Lets really piss the raiders off and pinch both Papalii and Thompson. I'd say Thompson is a back up plan

spiderdan

Bench
That's a strange comment to make, you clearly don't know Joel, he's actually a really nice guy who does a lot for the community, he would be an asset to any club.
not saying he isn't a nice guy or doesn't do stuff to help people out. but even some of the nicest people have their faults and demons. if it was just looking at him as a player I'd want the club to sign him ASAP just like I did when he was in Toyota cup.

natheel

Coach
not saying he isn't a nice guy or doesn't do stuff to help people out. but even some of the nicest people have their faults and demons. if it was just looking at him as a player I'd want the club to sign him ASAP just like I did when he was in Toyota cup.

Well what's wrong with him then

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Isn't their bad blood between and Hayne and Joel Thompson?

I vaguely remember a commentator mentioning something about it during an eels Canberra.

Pazza

First Grade
If you look at the current recruitment strategy, age is a big factor. Norrie is a decent player in a syst that is designed for 'role' players. He is also older than the players we are seemingly looking at.

Groat is a young prop at the Tigers. Has played first grade but is seemingly behind the like of Galloway, Bell, Murdoch-masila and Woods.

A well travelled and experenced prop is never a bad thing for a footy side. But if youth is what Stuart wants then power to him!

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Oh reall, please, do tell, what are his faults and demons?

Shall we compare them to say, Sandows?

spiderdan

Bench
Oh reall, please, do tell, what are his faults and demons?

Shall we compare them to say, Sandows?
fair enough. it's one of those things that some will say it's a bad thing and others will say who cares. and there are probably at least a few at parra with the same type of issues (should've probably said what i perceive as not fitting in to stuart's new culture).

ps. i'd hate for canberra to lose him. one of my peeves is when a club loses a good player they brought through their own systems.

natheel

Coach
fair enough. it's one of those things that some will say it's a bad thing and others will say who cares. and there are probably at least a few at parra with the same type of issues (should've probably said what i perceive as not fitting in to stuart's new culture).

ps. i'd hate for canberra to lose him. one of my peeves is when a club loses a good player they brought through their own systems.

At this stage f**k canberra I hope they lose more players. They're acting like they're the only club to lose juniors or players they nurture through.

Status
Not open for further replies.