What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfella

Coach
Ben Roberts on a pie and a coke showed more than corey did round 1

I don;t quite get it either but I guess Nolan probably knows a lot about him

eels_fan

First Grade
I certainly think he could/will become a more consistent player than Roberts, and is younger, but certainly that price must be wayyy off.

With the increase in the cap - certainly no more than $300k.

Roberts & Kelly are off contract, i can see Roberts going and Kelly retained as an interchange half/hooker.

The Colonel

Immortal
Purely a utility player at best. Is not a half. Is a capable fill in at fullback. I'd be happy with him at centre but struggle to see where we place Hopoate, Kelly, Morgan and Loko if this is the case.

natheel

Coach
Surely that's not the money per year we have offered. He will hardly get a match tbh maybe he will be a bench player as we will probably let Ben Roberts go

Norman is not that good.
He's an ok fullback, but we don't need anyone in that position.
If he's been signed to play in the halves then we're in trouble.

Would rather Hayne there to be honest...and I don't really want Hayne there.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I don't believe the figure rumoured and although others are saying he will end up at 5/8 should he come, I'm still guessing that the plan would be to play him at fullback. I think they would keep Kelly but I'm not sure what they will do with Roberts.

gustarny

Juniors
Thats why all of us are supporters and are not the ones recruiting players.I will give my opinion on Norman however.I am excited about his potential signing ,and see him becoming a top class 5/8 he is upwards of 95kg and is very mobile,strong in defence and seems to have a lot of time when he has ball in hand and is very cool under pressure.Add to that he has a good left footed kicking game.I see him as a blend somewhere in between Fittler and Sutton.Only time will tell.

Gronk

Staff member
Norman is not that good.
He's an ok fullback, but we don't need anyone in that position.
If he's been signed to play in the halves then we're in trouble.

Would rather Hayne there to be honest...and I don't really want Hayne there.

He's a 5/8 bro. Played 23 games @ 5/8 in 2012, and a few at FB when Hoffman was injured.

Scored 10 tries in 2012, 14 try assists.

23 years old in 2013.

Has played 46 FG games already.

eels81236

Bench
Thats why all of us are supporters and are not the ones recruiting players.I will give my opinion on Norman however.I am excited about his potential signing ,and see him becoming a top class 5/8 he is upwards of 95kg and is very mobile,strong in defence and seems to have a lot of time when he has ball in hand and is very cool under pressure.Add to that he has a good left footed kicking game.I see him as a blend somewhere in between Fittler and Sutton.Only time will tell.

Norman and Sutton mentioned in the same sentence as Fittler. That'll do me.

Tony Bongo

Bench
He's a 5/8 bro. Played 23 games @ 5/8 in 2012, and a few at FB when Hoffman was injured.

Scored 10 tries in 2012, 14 try assists.

23 years old in 2013.

Has played 46 FG games already.

I thought I read recently that the Broncos moved him to FB this year in an effort to keep him. In any case I see him as a potentially good signing for us if he comes. I still think he is a better ballrunner than a playmaker.

natheel

Coach
Is June close to re-signing. That the-insider is saying in the NRL rumoured signings he is positive hayne won't stay....I don't believe him but still thought he would be signed by now

Avenger

Immortal
I think Stuart and Nolan know a little bit more than all of us put together. I'll take Norman over Roberts anyday if that is the choice. I just hope we don't lose Kelly. He shows good things on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts