What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Crap IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderdan

Bench
but 600K is the new 400K

#justSayin
jennings reportedly on $600k under the old cap though. i would have thought most managers would have negotiated clauses in contracts that wages go up relative to any salary cap increase.

if that's the case then jennings would be on closer to $800k+ if the new cap is signed off and his contract is heavily back ended as reported.

Binga

Juniors
just a story on channel 9 Gold Coast news. they say the titans are confident of securing Jennings's and re-signing Greg bird by this Friday.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I reckon you're a little bit light on these valuations (Inglis / Jennings etc), given that the cap is $5 million (or thereabouts). This gives an ave salary of $200k for the top 25 (and then there are marquee allowances etc), and there'll be quite a few players below the average. Still, as none of us know exactly what any player is actually being paid, we're all talking out our arse to some extent.

Whether someone has played SOO is not so much the issue, but if Jennings wasn't a complete f**kwit, I'd put him in the 550k-600k region. Unfortunately, there is compelling evidence that he is a complete goose, and that means I'd only take him at significant unders.

Is a good title - how about changing this thread to
Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Talking Out Of Our Arses IX.

Avenger

Immortal
If we are using Origin as a guide, and we must remember that he hasn't played that much centre at that level having been moved out to the wing beside Hayne for the series just gone, then still nowhere near the prices you are throwing up. Jennings has never displayed at a consistent level the ability to be the game breaker his salary suggests. He doesn't set up his outside man and has failed when moved to fullback to get him more involved in the game. I think he is an overpriced winger. I wouldn't like him anywhere near Parramatta at the prices some are suggesting he is worth on here.

Couldn't agree more.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Just topped the NRL in try assists and LBAs. That's about the fourth year in a row he's been in the top two in those key categories.

Marshall's the best player in the world. If the Tigers are failing it's his teammates that are letting him down. Likewise Hayne's mates at Parra.

f**king Stats or is that f**king narks.
f**king precious "Lord Of The Stats".
gollum.png

Agree about this "If the Tigers are failing it's his teammates that are letting him down."

dazeely

First Grade
Has Jordan atkins gone back to titans?

Heard on news eels offered Bird 750k per season. Not sure how I feel if true.

Pazza

First Grade
Big money for proven rep players isn't an issue, our roster is lacking class and with increases to the salary cap it shouldn't be an issue!

EelsFan05

Bench
http://http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/parramatta-eels-launch-bid-to-poach-matt-scott-from-the-north-queensland-cowboys/story-e6frexnr-1226551428784

We are reportedly in talks with Matt Scott

His manager is Haynes manager. I reckon we could snag him. Would be a great addition BUT for the reported 600k? Not so sure

Id love for us to sign Scott. On of if not the best prop in the game. I find it hard to see him leaving North Qld for Sydney but here's to hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts