What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Name a couple that have left the storm and gone onto successful nrl careers (and not ones that went to the storm as nrl regulars eg finch, Crocker , newton) Inglis is one but is a freak. Dallas is making a go but was a qld rep there may be some but the success rate is not high.
Stephen Kearney.

Ratchy

Juniors
Yep friend has gone good but aiden is in and out of the roosters side .

Been injured alot but still you even moved the goal posts so the likes of Folau/King etc couldn't be included and there is still a couple that have gone on. Could've said Ben Cross who made origin from the Knights and not the Storm

Like i said its complete bullshit.

Ratchy

Juniors
Neither Guerra or Friend played first grade for the Storm, so there's no telling how well they would have played in the Storm side.

#TheyWouldHaveLookedLikeWorldBeaters

I meant Nathan Friend.....and incorrect he was coming off the bench behind Smith for about 2 or 3 seasons before going to the Titans.

Parra Pride

Referee
Been injured alot but still you even moved the goal posts so the likes of Folau/King etc couldn't be included and there is still a couple that have gone on. Could've said Ben Cross who made origin from the Knights and not the Storm

King has been garbage for Souths, Folau is another exception, but it's much easier for an outside back whose main weapon is catch the ball to maintain form where ever he plays. That said Himchcliffe is average in a good side, blokes like Folau and Inglis were world beaters in that Storm side.

#ThisTheoryProvesTrueMoreOftenThanNot

Ratchy

Juniors
Neither Guerra or Friend played first grade for the Storm, so there's no telling how well they would have played in the Storm side.

#TheyWouldHaveLookedLikeWorldBeaters

Oh and like I said before Ben Cross made origin from the Knights not the Storm

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

No I have not moved the goal post agree king has gone onto a good career after the storm, Ben cross was killed by injuries at the knight but agree he would have gone onto better things if not for injuries.

Parra Pride

Referee
I meant Nathan Friend.....and incorrect he was coming off the bench behind Smith for about 2 or 3 seasons before going to the Titans.

Nathan Friend played 34 games between 2003-06, hardly a main stay in the side. Always though Friend was overrated anyway.

#AndHe'sPlayedShitForTheWarriors

Parra Pride

Referee
Oh and like I said before Ben Cross made origin from the Knights not the Storm

Ben Cross spent half his time at Melbourne either suspended or injured, hard to judge how good he would have looked playing for them if he played every game he could have.

#BesidesHePlayedRegularFirstGradeForCanberraBeforeMelbourne

Ratchy

Juniors
Ben Cross spent half his time at Melbourne either suspended or injured, hard to judge how good he would have looked playing for them if he played every game he could have.

#BesidesHePlayedRegularFirstGradeForCanberraBeforeMelbourne

Doesn't matter just f**ks up ur theory players are shit once they leave the storm system. Have given you 2 players have moved on from the Storm playing over 100 games for other clubs and a player who made his first origin team after leaving the storm. Plus there is Maloney who has played over 50 games for the Warriors.

Clearly wrong and don't wanna admit it.

jimmy77au

Juniors
But was never a regular top 13 player played plenty of nrl but also played a bit of reserves or so

2004 - newcaslte - 1 Game
2005 - Newcastle - Played 14 First Grade Games - over half a season
2006 - Newcastle - 21 First Grade Games - most of the season
2007 - Eels - 2 Games
2008 - Eels - 14 Games
2009 - Eels - 26 Games

78 First Grade Games prior to his Storm Career.

2010 - Storm - 22 Games
2011 - Storm - 18 Games
2012 - Storm - 9 Games.

Parra Pride

Referee
Doesn't matter just f**ks up ur theory players are shit once they leave the storm system. Have given you 2 players have moved on from the Storm playing over 100 games for other clubs and a player who made his first origin team after leaving the storm. Plus there is Maloney who has played over 50 games for the Warriors.

Clearly wrong and don't wanna admit it.

Maloney is another player who didn't play enough first grade for the storm to look better than he is, that said I never said players are shit when they leave the Storm, I said they play better at the Storm, the two you have named are the exceptions, not the rule.

#LikeISaidItHappensMoreOftenThanNot

hindy111

Post Whore
I think all players who have left the storm have been just as good or better
Inglis and falou where just as good or better at there new clubs.
White had one bad year at canberra but last year he was terrific.A lot better value than Justin Poore.
Blair is coming good at the tigers-Jeremy smith become better elsewhere.Maloney kicked on.Turner has been just as good since he left.
Dallas johnson has slipped a bit but more due to age same as crocker( who was just as good at the roosters)
I think front rowers looks better at meblourne for some reason thou -Look at ryles and norrie.Must be somthing to do with there style.
But the whole players that leave become rubiish is just a myth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts