What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even More Crap VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmancraigy

Coach
My point was around the size on players and that there is plenty of opportunities for smaller forwards to make an impact in our game.

I have no opinion on whether o'brien will make it or not and definitely don't have a poster of him or send him fan mail. Just making the point lack of size is not going to stop obrien make it if he is good enough or wants it bad enough

Did you want a poster? I have a few I could spare :sarcasm:

Sure, size doesn't stop people, but when they are at the very low end of "size" they need that "something else". Most times it doesn't work out for them (unfortunately).

Eels Dude

Coach
You must have blinked we have sign Luke Kelly and now the books are closed for 2013. Plenty of good juniors in NYC side

Banking on juniors at the expense of experienced players is a recipe for disaster. You can't just expect them to replace the quality we'll be losing in the space of a year.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Banking on juniors at the expense of experienced players is a recipe for disaster. You can't just expect them to replace the quality we'll be losing in the space of a year.

Sure is, just hoping we sign some replacements but still plenty on time until 2013 starts

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Such a shame that Brien was injured for the first half of the season. He was a standout in NYC for a couple of years. First in the centres and later at lock. Good to see he's already worked his way into the starting lock position for Wenty in only his 2nd game after a lengthy injury. He has a huge motor and some footy smarts.

He could be very versatile in the mould of a Halatau (who is actually slightly smaller) or even put on some muscle over the next few seasons and be the next Gallen. Only time will tell.

I expect he'll be a leading contender for a bench utility spot next year. May even have another game or two in the top grade towards the end of this year.

Gronk

Staff member
Bulldog Ritchie says ...

spacer.gif
Marty :
Bulldog, how's the Eels recruitment for 2013 going ? They better sign a few otherwise they will get the spoon again !
fb_share2.png

Thursday June 14, 2012 1:00
No-one wants to go there. That comes I guess with poor results.
fb_share2.png

Thursday June 14, 2012 1:01

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-talkba/story-e6frexv9-1226394823658

Gronk

Staff member
Don't know why you blogged him mate. He'd only know what he reads on here.

Suity

I dare say that he would hear stuff from players and managers. I'm not saying that he knows anything, but it's interesting to hear what he perceives to be the problem. What he says cannot be dismissed and flies against the notion that money will buy you any player.

Delboy

First Grade
Ritchie = Fitzys best mate, never going to get anything positive from hhim

Having said that, it is about time something happened to get the fans hopes up

Gronk

Staff member
They don't. :sarcasm:

Suity

The floodgates have opened. LOL

He's got potential and a good signing IMHO, but @ 19 FG games he won't fill the experience void. Hope there's some 100FG+ lads coming too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts