What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It appears we disagree yet again Mr Poo. Lets chat again in a couple of years. Happy to say Im wrong providing you are as well. Cheers.

I'm not talking about in a couple of years; I'm talking about now. Right now Joseph Paulo is a better player.

I agree O'Hanlon could have more potential. He's only 22 this year and looks like he might still have room to fill out, whereas Paulo is almost certainly at his peak.

I don't think Paulo is a better player. More versatile perhaps. I see O'Hanlon as a better player than Harrison and Ryan. He isn't a bench player. He is the sort of player you start and get long minutes from allowing the rest of the forward pack to rotate around him. He will excel at the Bulldogs.

I agree O'Hanlon offers more in attack than those two - he is tall with a good offload, good footwork, agility and speed. If only he was strong enough for NRL those attributes could see him push for Origin. But he is very weak. Has a good motor though, and a big frame. He might reach his potential at Dogs but I doubt they're relying on it.

I reckon the Dogs have signed him as a backup. I'd be surprised if he's in their top 25, and I doubt he will play any more first grade next year than he has done here.

Considering I posted the photo in the context of how tall the kid is, do you reckon I might have been referring to the tall one?

Yeh but then your 2nd photo which refers to him and his mate going through a bit of a hard time has only one bloke who looks like he's going through a hard time (and he looks like the bloke to Burns' left in the 1st picture). The other guy looks like a juvenile Ryan Morgan, so I guess he could be struggling with that knowledge.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeh but then your 2nd photo which refers to him and his mate going through a bit of a hard time has only one bloke who looks like he's going through a hard time (and he looks like the bloke to Burns' left in the 1st picture).

You mean the bloke to Burns' right?

The other guy looks like a juvenile Ryan Morgan, so I guess he could be struggling with that knowledge.

That guy is Jack Morris. And he copes with adversity much better than lesser men. That's why he doesn't look as distressed as the other guy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'm not talking about in a couple of years; I'm talking about now. Right now Joseph Paulo is a better player.

I agree O'Hanlon could have more potential. He's only 22 this year and looks like he might still have room to fill out, whereas Paulo is almost certainly at his peak.

I agree O'Hanlon offers more in attack than those two - he is tall with a good offload, good footwork, agility and speed. If only he was strong enough for NRL those attributes could see him push for Origin. But he is very weak. Has a good motor though, and a big frame. He might reach his potential at Dogs but I doubt they're relying on it.

I reckon the Dogs have signed him as a backup. I'd be surprised if he's in their top 25, and I doubt he will play any more first grade next year than he has done here.

Ok Mr Poo, Ill bite. So how many top grade games would you think Joseph Paulo would play if he were to be on the Bulldogs roster next year?
Would he make their "Top 25"?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon Joseph Paulo is an average first grader, so about as good as Greg Eastwood.

Ok you win. Im old and finding it difficult to see whether you agree or disagree with me but as I said, I am old.
I gotta learn how to argue poth points of view. If I could do that Im sure I could win heaps more arguements. Although maybe the key is persistence. Regretably persistence and patience deserted me years ago. Lol.
On ya Mr Poo. You are entertaining if nothing else.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol, Paulo as good as Eastwood. Eastwoods a decent player, Paulo is only describable as shit.

At his best Paulo is better than Eastwood. At his worst he is worse.

Then you have to look at how often these guys are at their best and their worst, which comes down to the quality of the teams they are in.

IFR33K

Coach
At his best Paulo is better than Eastwood. At his worst he is worse.

Then you have to look at how often these guys are at their best and their worst, which comes down to the quality of the teams they are in.

Mate, Paulo is partly responsible for why he's in such a shit team.

Do you think the team around him encourage him to skip or crab sideways. Or maybe you find his defense impressive?? Not sure what you see in him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate, Paulo is partly responsible for why he's in such a shit team.

Do you think the team around him encourage him to skip or crab sideways. Or maybe you find his defense impressive?? Not sure what you see in him.

The team around him definitely encourages him to go sideways looking for runners. If we supported the ball carrier better he would be able to play straighter and would set up a lot more linebreaks.

He's not in the team to be a battering ram.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/gallen-warned-to-button-his-lip-20130810-2roux.html

Case for Keighran

Sacked Parramatta media officer Michelle Keighran has been told she won't be back despite chief executive Ken Edwards being shown the door. She has been forced to sell her home and take her kids out of school. Edwards' treatment of Keighran is leading to a court case for wrongful dismissal. Now she wants the NRL integrity unit to get involved. No one from Rugby League Central has bothered to check on her or what happened at the Eels. In her letter to the NRL chief operating officer Jim Doyle, Keighran writes ''I first brought my circumstances to your attention on the 18th of June 2013. To refresh your memory, I was a victim of ongoing bullying, and harassment. I understand those terms can often be used loosely, in this situation, they barely seem adequate … I have never even been given the decency of an explanation as to why I have been treated so poorly. Ken told me in no uncertain terms, it was because I refused to play his game. But officially and in writing he said it was because of my poor performance … If it wasn't enough for the club to terminate my employment, I was also banned/suspended from the Parramatta Leagues club. I was warned not to attend games and threatened with legal action if I was to attest the above. I had 3 week's pay taken off me for failing to return a company laptop. CCTV and IT records will prove the laptop was on my desk and logged into the network when I was summonsed to Ken Edwards' office to be terminated. I was never allowed to grab my things. I am at a total loss to explain why I have been treated like a criminal, is this really the way the NRL operates behind the scenes? … Jim, I am a mother of three young boys who love and play the game of Rugby League and am at constant pains trying to explain to them what has happened to their mother and why she is no longer working at Parramatta.''

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...double-dip-for-extra-cash-20130810-2rouv.html

A bit rich: Eels get fans offside with double dip for extra cash

Date
August 11, 2013

Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter

Sunday Sin Bin

Parramatta members could argue they haven't gotten much bang for their buck as the Eels prepare to collect a second consecutive wooden spoon. But it hasn't stopped the club from trying to prise even more money from long-suffering fans. Sin Bin can reveal members have been cold-called by the club and asked to buy $100 raffle tickets, with the proceeds to go towards the purchase of equipment for their new training facilities. A first prize of $20,000 is up for grabs in the raffle, while there will also be a second prize draw for $5000. However, several outraged members have vented their displeasure, feeling it's a bit rich to be pestered for cash given they have already financially supported their team during a difficult period.

Scott Seward, the Eels' general manager of membership and consumer business, described the response to the raffle as positive after selling 160 tickets in the first week. ''Everything we raise will go towards making the facilities for our team as good as they possibly can be,'' Seward said. ''It's actually going quite strongly at the moment. It's a really good start.'' Parramatta held a similar raffle for club sponsors, who had the chance of featuring on the team shorts for the last five games if theirs was the winning $500 ticket. The winners were Midas and Independent Gaming, whose managing director is Lawrence Shepherd. It was a double win for Shepherd on Friday night, who witnessed his first Eels win since being elected to the Parramatta board.

Family ties

Justin Hunt, right, could follow in the footsteps of his father, premiership-winning winger Neil, by donning the blue and gold next season. Hunt is contracted to South Sydney and has proved to be a handy utility, covering for injuries to a star-studded three-quarter line. However, the Rabbitohs are under salary cap pressure after re-signing the Burgess brothers and Hunt could follow Nathan Peats to Parramatta. Hunt is a third-generation first-grader. Neil played for Parramatta and NSW while his grandfather Jim also played for Souths. The youngest Hunt is no stranger to the Eels, having represented them in the inaugural NYC season before a stint up north. And the spending spree may not be over for the wooden spooners, who are on the lookout for cattle to replace the dozen players deemed surplus to requirements. Dragons forward Matt Prior, who made the Country Origin team in 2011, is also in their sights.

Hindy's pain

Just moments after submitting to an examination, Nathan Hindmarsh was asked what was more painful - undergoing a prostate test or watching his beloved Eels play? ''I think it's a bit easier to watch a Parramatta game at the moment,'' he finally replied, but only after pondering the question for a few moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.