What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
Our number 7 has personal problems. His understudy is basically untested. There is a former State of Origin 7 with experience at potentially half price that has had a full season with our newly acquired 6. A no brainer for mine.

LOL, no one said we WOULDN'T sign Wallace, just that we HAVEN'T signed Wallace.

Firstly he isn't available and secondly we have a large amount of cap invested in another "7" despite the fact that he has personal problems and is struggling to get back on the field.

Unless Brisbane pick up ALL of Wallace's salary or Sandow walks away from his contract, not much we can do about it at this stage. Keeping in mind, Sandow is contracted to us for 2 more years.

By the way, I wanted Wallace at the end of 2007 when T Smith was not looking like lasting the distance.
I haven't changed my personal opinion about him.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
And surely someone with gambling and debt problems is the last person in the world who would walk away from a lucrative relatively long term contract?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
it's not unreasonable to consider that IF the broncos supplement wallace's deal we couldn't do the same to balance out sandow. he'd be extremely good value for somebody at 250-350k a season.

Delboy

First Grade
Its fairly obvious that Kelly is back up at best, hope that the powers that be recognise this and try to either get Sandow back on track, or go after Wallace as an option as he would probably suit the team better.

The bigger question is that we seem to stall on these things and other clubs just get it done, are we still messed up cap wise? or are the Donkeys playing silly buggars on not coming to the party next year for partial relief on a player they don't want?

Avenger

Immortal
The biggest issue we have re: Sandow is that his contract is so heavily back ended that we would be paying about $500k and he would be playing for another NRL club. It's just not worth it.

Gronk

Staff member
If a player is ruled out long term because of (mental) illness, can we get cap compensation ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
If a player is ruled out long term because of (mental) illness, can we get cap compensation ?

Gee wouldn't that set a precedent?? ... I can just imagine the Furners knocking on schueys door with a list as big as your arm...

emjaycee

Coach
Doesn't mean we are not considering it.

Yeah we are... But it's a long shot

As Stagger has said, I reckon it is really long shot. Too many if's and maybe's to be considered as something that will happen... in fact I don't think it's close enough to be something that may happen.

Whilst I do rate Wallace and think he would fit our club and culture, I would prefer that we not hang Sandow out to dry and do all we can to help him get back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts