What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he throws his whole body into the tackle, his tackles are mostly weak and ineffective. He has minimal upper and lower body strength/power. This is why his defence is useless when almost standing still = turnstile.

From either shoulder and regardless of what direction, unless his body is angled at between 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock and he his throwing his full body weight (almost diving) into the tackle, higher up or lower down, he is mostly ineffective.

Joseph Paulo has gotten too set in his ways to improve his defence much further. Hope he can prove me wrong though. I doubt it

Pauli Pauli and Penis Head have far more potential upside to continue improving their defence over the next few years. They have much more intense upper and lower body power they can access. Once they have improved their tackling techniques, their defensive approaches, they will be far more devastating and effective than what we've seen from them over the past few years.

Gower can do what Joseph can do and already is a much better all-round player too. Same with Edwards, same with Watmough, same with a few other forwards.

Joseph Paulo must be moved on. We do not need him. His cap $$$ can go towards our next 3 or 4 or 1 purchase.

Joeseph Paulo was re-signed for three years wasn't he? Which I thought was a very dumb move

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Two years. So he's here next year.

He is agile and hard working in defence, like Mannah and Gower, which is why he complements the hitmen in our defensive line.

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Joeseph Paulo was re-signed for three years wasn't he? Which I thought was a very dumb move

Agreed.

I might be wrong here but I think he bleeds more points than earning points for us.

We are better off using physically explosive attackers running at lines who can also defend much better than Joseph Paulo rather than having a crab of a ball player who mostly f**ks up our attacking formations.

Just having Norman and one other non crab style ball player (part time in a game or not) is far more beneficial for our squad because then Sandow will have less mental quandary issues to deal with, the game plan is far more simple, thus leaving Sandow with the time and space and freedom, of a brain uncluttered, to innovate his add-lib attack as it presents itself.

We really need a more simplified approach to our attack so that we can open up more options for Sandow to do his thing in any particular set.

Let Norman be our number one ball player - he provides the 80 minutes attacking game structure.

Let Sandow drift in and out (behind) from our lines of attack as he chooses, as he feels it. The less pressure he is under, all the better for our squad. Now he is far more dangerous and devastating. Sandow is Mr Walk-A-Bout. Let him be that. He is mature enough now to handle his responsibilities as an unpredictable NRL 7.

It's when we get too innovative with forwards criss-crossing as ball-playing crabs that really f**ks up Sandows attacking options in any particular set. Too much f**king confusion.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
Using Poo logic. Theres a reason why Joe Paulo never gets injured. Maybe hes just a really lucky guy. His lateral movement is rubbish. What he is good at it staying on the ground and rarely making it back into the defensive line after falling on a tackled player to get his numbers up.
I find myself agreeing with your "Devils Advocate " responses on many occasions Poo but regretably I just dont see much positive about this bloke other than his great smile.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i don't get why commentators jerk off over this Valentine Holmes and always use his first and last name whenever he touches the ball.

it's rare he does a hitup from dummy half and give the forwards a break like every other winger

lazy plodder

i don't get why commentators jerk off over this Valentine Holmes and always use his first and last name whenever he touches the ball.

it's rare he does a hitup from dummy half and give the forwards a break like every other winger

lazy plodder

If you were the love child of John Holmes and Rudoph Valentino you'd wan't some PR to compensate you.

El Diablo

Post Whore
If his name was John Smith he'd never get a mention beyond being a solid youngster.

if his first name was Ian that would apply too

it seems they jerk off over his name being Valentine as he rarely does anything and they carry on like he's done something special when he runs 5 metres

Eelsman87

Juniors
Sorry if this has already been answered but is this Simona or Tupou talk the real deal? Or just corridor talk?

hindy111

Post Whore
Funny how everyone on here dishes Seph but Gould and fittler and half the guys in the game rate him.
If you watch closely he opens up our play.You need a bit of diversity in the forwards.
Seph -Pauli are different to the rest IMO. Could maybe throw Manu in the bowl there as well.
The rest are either tackle machines-hard workers-go forward men etc. Seph and Pauli are capable of changing the game.If things aren't working they can offer something different rather than just take over the same game plan as the other forwards- Just fresher.
Seph has been up and down this year but against the knights was great. The terepo break led to a try. Also later in game he threw a nice ball outside and continued the ball movement.Was nothing specatular except he knew what to do.We ended up scoring off that play .A guy like gower,watmough,lussick or tepai may of just ran up the middle-Threw it the other way or done a dumb kick. Seph knew to cut out a player which gave some space and got the ball to sandow who puts in a kick and we score off that play.They where being rushed on and he executed pass well to give sandow the chance to put kick in.....

Forty20

First Grade
There has been serious suggestions towards Tupou joining us from a few forumites but Tim Simona is all from a Big League article as far as I know.

strider

Post Whore
There has been serious suggestions towards Tupou joining us from a few forumites but Tim Simona is all from a Big League article as far as I know.

I think avenger might have had some of his bali belly about simona too

Status
Not open for further replies.