What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
the person ultimately responsible is the bloke in charge

I agree to a certain extent with the concept of the where the buck stops, but this is not a group of volunteers.

If you pay good money to professionals you expect them to work autonomously and not be baby-sat 24/7. That's how life works in the big city.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
the person ultimately responsible is the bloke in charge

And that is a full-time, big-pay position and he got fired.

Besides Foran's manager, lawyers and probably Foran, who else knew inside our club what Seward (and lawyers) did when the contract was quickly amended and sent to the NRL for ratification and approval?

All roads now lead to Brad Arthur. :crazy::crazy:

Daniel Anderson, Steve Sharp, the recruitment team, and the board were not informed of these "late" changes to the Foran contract.

That is how it is now looking.

Just my view after reading everything here and in the media and elsewhere.

:crazy:

Suitman

Post Whore
Haven't posted on here in years but after the recent circumstances I thought I would express how I feel.

Reading stuff like this really irritates me, we have gone through a ridiculous number of coaches in recent years and it always seems to be the coach's fault no matter what the situation is.

We have a mediocre backline with a very young and talented forward pack, we have been riddled with injuries and bad luck no to mention we have lost the greatest player in the game who before his departure we couldn't win a game without.

And people want to sit here and continue to blame Arthur and what he is doing and or done, I think the job his done is admirable and from what I have heard and seen the players really respond well to him. Other getting the boot is possibly the worst thing possible that could happen right now, despite having his back against the wall he presents a very hard fighting and solid footy team. Yes we are by far and away the dumbest team in the comp but he is dealing with a playing group and club that is rotten to the core, the culture here stinks, the philosophy is wrong and he is trying to rewrite it all with very minimal help.

Arthur could leave today and I would put solid money on him being snapped up in no time, when are we going to stop blaming coaches and start blaming the players and the club and make them take some responsibility for our struggles?

This whole Foran thing just sums up this club, the NRL need Parramatta but at this rate we do not even deserve to be in the NRL.

I am sick of listening to everyone rubbish and degrade our once great club due to it being run like a shambles and all the back room shit.

The club is in its darkest times since I have been around and it pains me to no end to see what it has become.

I'm glad you came back to say that. I couldn't agree more.

Suity

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I agree to a certain extent with the concept of the where the buck stops, but this is not a group of volunteers.

If you pay good money to professionals you expect them to work autonomously and not be baby-sat 24/7. That's how life works in the big city.

sharp CHOSE to get involved though.

he let seward negotiate a contract which we now know he doesn't agree with, he made a comment after the foran signing was announced in march that there would be no clauses. if he's going to go on record like that, did he then have a conversation with seward to check with him that the biggest contract in nrl history would have no clauses? clearly not because here we are 3 months later

hineyrulz

Post Whore
As I've said previously, I was about to go follow another sport a couple of weeks ago. I was getting frustrated and angry about the continued dysfunction of this club. But, when I hear Parramatta referred to as a basket-case on national television ......... that's where I draw the line. That's my club they're talking about. The club I've followed since I was a little boy. The club my father and my brothers (all now deceased) followed. I can't abandon them now. I can certainly deplore the dysfunction that seems to be quite evident - but I don't know all the facts (as none of you do, either) so I can't go pointing fingers, etc. I'm going to ignore all the politics, all the rumours, all the conspiracy theories. I'm going to forget about who will be playing for us next year and who won't. I'm going to forget about salary-cap breaches and contract problems and who (supposedly) wants whose job. What I'm going to do is support the players on the field this weekend when we take on the might of St George. I expect we'll get flogged, but I don't care. I'm going to be cheering for every little thing the Parramatta players do right. Because this is the club my family followed - and now that they are no longer alive, I'm continuing the journey until I'm no longer alive. GO PARRA!
So the club isn't a basket case??? :lol:

It's strange the fiercest critics of the previous board are now the biggest defenders of these incompetent boobs.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
sharp CHOSE to get involved though.

he let seward negotiate a contract which we now know he doesn't agree with, he made a comment after the foran signing was announced in march that there would be no clauses. if he's going to go on record like that, did he then have a conversation with seward to check with him that the biggest contract in nrl history would have no clauses? clearly not because here we are 3 months later

Don't agree Craig.

It appears that communication through the negotiation stages was working well between the board, Sharpie, DA, BA, Scott Seward (and possibly others of our recruitment team) until Seward & BA and lawyers made some quick final changes to the contract and sent it to the NRL without informing and consulting with Sharpie, DA, etc.. :crazy:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don't agree Craig.

It appears that communication through the negotiation stages was working well between the board, Sharpie, DA, BA, Scott Seward (and possibly others of our recruitment team) until Seward & BA and lawyers made some quick final changes to the contract and sent it to the NRL without informing and consulting with Sharpie, DA, etc.. :crazy:
:lol::lol::lol: Nurse!!!!

Gronk

Staff member
Moving forward, it's clear that we need a shake up and injection of new blood to sure up industry confidence.

If that means that we get some NRL appointed types on the Board, then I'm all for it. A caveat to that is that we (the soul of the club) are not in danger of being manipulated as far as being forced to merge, relocate or in any way lose our identity.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Don't agree Craig.

Wasn't sharp saying before the elections that foran may use the get out clause if he's not re-elected. Didn't know my arse :lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Moving forward, it's clear that we need a shake up and injection of new blood to sure up industry confidence.

If that means that we get some NRL appointed types on the Board, then I'm all for it. A caveat to that is that we (the soul of the club) are not in danger of being manipulated as far as being forced to merge, relocate or in any way lose our identity.

Agreed Gronk.

And it does not have to come directly from the NRL either. All we really need is an experienced operator like John Quale to sit in with our board and next CEO for at least a year to help with things.

An excellent wisdom-keeper is all this board needs now to help them fashion their overall operations of our club.

Nothing wrong with that, especially when all involved love the club and only want what is best for the club.

Given hands on experience and the ear of a wisdom-keeper, I have great confidence in Steve Sharp leading our club forward for at least the next 10 years.

Unfortunately our club has been so fractured from within we were not able to groom strong successors. Its been a recent band aid operation coming from good hearted members of the club wanting to help do what is best for our club. They mostly come from outside (the board, admin, etc) the club to save the club and not wreck it from within where all the rot was started by previous boards and CEO's, running their own agendas.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
As I've said previously, I was about to go follow another sport a couple of weeks ago. I was getting frustrated and angry about the continued dysfunction of this club. But, when I hear Parramatta referred to as a basket-case on national television ......... that's where I draw the line. That's my club they're talking about. The club I've followed since I was a little boy. The club my father and my brothers (all now deceased) followed. I can't abandon them now. I can certainly deplore the dysfunction that seems to be quite evident - but I don't know all the facts (as none of you do, either) so I can't go pointing fingers, etc. I'm going to ignore all the politics, all the rumours, all the conspiracy theories. I'm going to forget about who will be playing for us next year and who won't. I'm going to forget about salary-cap breaches and contract problems and who (supposedly) wants whose job. What I'm going to do is support the players on the field this weekend when we take on the might of St George. I expect we'll get flogged, but I don't care. I'm going to be cheering for every little thing the Parramatta players do right. Because this is the club my family followed - and now that they are no longer alive, I'm continuing the journey until I'm no longer alive. GO PARRA!

I will follow the Eels till the day I die, and so will my son. While many of his 12 y.o. mates have jumped ship over the years, he has stayed strong and will follow in my foot steps in his support of the Eels. No doubt.
What I won't do is just follow them blindly, without criticism and without accountability.
The past 24 hrs sums up everything that is wrong with our club.
Yes, steps have been taken to nullify previous errors. Terrific. :roll:
But it's the fact this happened in the first place that is not only frustrating, but embarrassing.
The club has been shambolically run for a long time now - you can't blame people for having the shits.
Seriously, in the 45 odd years I've been following this club, I've never seen it in a more negative light than what I see now.
C'mon Parra, get your f**king shit together.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore

I thought we were all jumping at straws and over reacting? All death riders.
Nothing wrong with what happened in the past 24 hrs?

lingard

Coach
So the club isn't a basket case??? :lol:

It's strange the fiercest critics of the previous board are now the biggest defenders of these incompetent boobs.

I have no opinion on whether we are or we aren't - because I simply don't know. But when I hear us called a basket case on national television - it makes me want to support the club all the more. Not interested in defending current boards or CEO's - because I couldn't care less about them. Boards mean about as much to me as poker-machines or elevators in the Leagues Club. I'm talking about the history, the heritage, of this Parramatta Rugby League team and the significant part that it has played in my life and the lives of my family-members. That's all.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Is this crap enough for the NRL to take over us?

No, the media blew it all right out of the water.

Firing Seward was the only right thing to do and the board and staff like DA were quickly on the ball to both address the removal of this insane clause and confront whoever else was responsible for this $1 million pay out clause being included and do whatever they deem appropriate with them. (I wonder how big a rap on the knuckles BA received from our board and DA, etc?)

It is all being handled correctly, quickly, efficiently and professionally. Trust the media and agenda driven wingers/naggers to blow everything else out of the water... :crazy::crazy:

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
I thought we were all jumping at straws and over reacting? All death riders.
Nothing wrong with what happened in the past 24 hrs?

Yes you all were/are. People were purporting that they know what was going on and who is to blame. Imposters.

They were crowing about a problem that they did not even know what the problem really was. Hysteria based in rumour and innuendo.

My position has not changed. You don't jump at shadows and don't go off half cocked because someone who knows someone who spoke to the tea lady said ..

We are being drip fed facts, lies and guesses. Way too much to digest and to have an informed opinion.

My post above was based on our reputation moving forward. To claw back credibility we might need some NRL appointed Board members. I'm happy with that.

As for the blame for what's happened, we first need to know what the problem actually is with the Foran matter. Is he coming or not and under what terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts