What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Given that Davis is playing fullback for Wenty this week I'd say that we're trying to keep him. I'm sure we could play him in a lower grade in a non-vital position? He may be a chance for a position in the backline next year? Great athlete that is able to set-up his winger for a try and is decent in defence.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Given that Davis is playing fullback for Wenty this week I'd say that we're trying to keep him. I'm sure we could play him in a lower grade in a non-vital position? He may be a chance for a position in the backline next year? Great athlete that is able to set-up his winger for a try and is decent in defence.

Yeah, but I'd be packing big ones if he was playing firsts this weekend.
Let's assume he has a great off-season, and is ready to play first grade in round 1 next year. How does signing Morgan affect that in any way whatsoever??

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah, but I'd be packing big ones if he was playing firsts this weekend.
Let's assume he has a great off-season, and is ready to play first grade in round 1 next year. How does signing Morgan affect that in any way whatsoever??

As would I, he still needs time to develop a bit further and that's probably why we're playing him in NSW cup more and more.

I'm a fan of the Morgan re-signing, he can do a job when called upon and hopefully next year he won't have to do that job in first grade as much as he's had to do this year but when called upon he can do what is asked of him, especially when he's surrounded by first grade players.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He caught and passed in a break started by someone else.

Pity he didn't contain anyone else - like say peta hiku

It's a myth that Morgan contained Lyon. Lyon made a heap more tackles than Morgan.

Mau and semi contained Lyon by hammering him in attack.

But you wouldn't understand that.

Well said Bigfella. I agree it's a team game and we don't require stars in every position. I'm confident we can win any game with Morgan in our team. It'll all depend on the players around him.

Gazzamatta

Coach

I know there is external distractions for this Kid so even though he hasnt had the best of seasons Id be prepared to hang in there with him. Hes only young. Football and personal maturity will hopefully see him improve.

emjaycee

Coach
He caught and passed in a break started by someone else.

Pity he didn't contain anyone else - like say peta hiku

It's a myth that Morgan contained Lyon. Lyon made a heap more tackles than Morgan.

Mau and semi contained Lyon by hammering him in attack.

But you wouldn't understand that.

In Semis first try, Morgs actually drew in Hiku, Lyon and DCE and once he got through Lyon and Hiku and as DCE was grabbing onto him, he passed to Semi. Manu didn't make a break, Manu ran the ball left from the previous play and gave Morgs some space to work in. Watch it again Bigfella. Morgs did his job as a centre to perfection in that play.

And it's a pity for Manly that Hiku and Lyon couldn't contain Semi (twice).
Sometimes not everyone can contain everyone and in the Hiku try Morgan definitely missed his man... so did Semi and Norman in cover for whatever reason.

Should we get rid of all 3?

Morgan didn't contain Hiku once for one try, but in combination with his teammates (Manu and Semi) he did contain Manly's right side attack enough to limit them to 1 try only. Or is it not really a team sport after all?

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I know there is external distractions for this Kid so even though he hasnt had the best of seasons Id be prepared to hang in there with him. Hes only young. Football and personal maturity will hopefully see him improve.

What distractions?

Joely01

Bench
In Semis first try, Morgs actually drew in Hiku, Lyon and DCE and once he got through Lyon and Hiku and as DCE was grabbing onto him, he passed to Semi. Manu didn't make a break, Manu ran the ball left from the previous play and gave Morgs some space to work in. Watch it again Bigfella. Morgs did his job as a centre to perfection in that play.

Sometimes not everyone can contain everyone and in the Hiku try Morgan definitely missed his man... so did Semi and Norman in cover for whatever reason.

Morgan didn't contain Hiku once for one try, but in combination with his teammates (Manu and Semi) he did contain Manly's right side attack enough to limit them to 1 try only. Or is it not really a team sport after all?

Someone who actually watched the game and talks sense! :clap:

Bigfella

Coach
That's the classic straw man argument - mischaracterise your opponent's argument then pretend to have defeated him by pointing out the flaw in the false representation of his case.

No you wouldn't get rid of all 3.

The other two didn't f**k the tackle up anywhere near as bad as the bloke who cold missed one on on.

Plus the other two offer a shitload to the team.

I would never suggest we get rid of them and never did, so your point makes no sense.

Put simply - the semi try is one of the only positive things Morgan has done in an entire season of football. And it wasn't anything particularly outstanding. What's more, it was noticeable as the exception to the rule.

And people have tried to claim that his defence is somehow praiseworthy or special.

He's a below average defender. He looks like a defensive player only because his attack is so shit.

The thing that shits me most about him is his absolute refusal to go looking for a bit of extra work.

He is happy to wait for the ball to come to him.

And then he does nothing 95 per cent of the time.

And we keep picking him, and signing him.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

Manu just created the hole for Morgs to steam on through. Morgs did well to put Semi away but that is what he should be able to do.

Like i said before, Morgan is very fkn average. but i'll back him while he is playing for us.

Tommy Coco

Juniors
I don't know why people bother trying to change your mind, it appears made and that's fine.

However it is BA's call, which I am comfortable with and I reckon the surrounding factors play into the collective decision, these might (and I assume) include:

Club loyalty
Professional attitude to training
Following a game plan (chances are he is told to stay on his side)
Defense (IMO, not shit)
Team standing
Cost comparatively
Willingness to play 1st or reserves
Wing or centre

Bigfella

Coach
I don't know why people bother trying to change your mind, it appears made and that's fine.

However it is BA's call, which I am comfortable with and I reckon the surrounding factors play into the collective decision, these might (and I assume) include:

Club loyalty
Professional attitude to training
Following a game plan (chances are he is told to stay on his side)
Defense (IMO, not shit)
Team standing
Cost comparatively
Willingness to play 1st or reserves
Wing or centre

No to be honest I'm still kind of sitting on the fence about him.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's the classic straw man argument - mischaracterise your opponent's argument then pretend to have defeated him by pointing out the flaw in the false representation of his case.

No you wouldn't get rid of all 3.

The other two didn't f**k the tackle up anywhere near as bad as the bloke who cold missed one on on.

Plus the other two offer a shitload to the team.

I would never suggest we get rid of them and never did, so your point makes no sense.

Put simply - the semi try is one of the only positive things Morgan has done in an entire season of football. And it wasn't anything particularly outstanding. What's more, it was noticeable as the exception to the rule.

This has actually been his worst year in attack. But as you know, he's in the team for his defence.

And people have tried to claim that his defence is somehow praiseworthy or special.

No, just competent. Which makes him worth a six figure salary in the NRL. Players capable of defending at centre in the NRL are very uncommon. Plenty of excellent attacking outside backs are stuck in reserve grade because of their defensive deficiencies.

He's a below average defender. He looks like a defensive player only because his attack is so shit.

The thing that shits me most about him is his absolute refusal to go looking for a bit of extra work.

He is happy to wait for the ball to come to him.

How do you know it's not in the gameplan? We have plenty of strong runners in our team, including both wingers. Why would we waste midfield carries on guys like Morgan when we want the ball in the hands of our strongest runners? The key to attacking success isn't to give every merkin an even share of the ball.

And then he does nothing 95 per cent of the time.

And we keep picking him, and signing him.

He's certainly part of a strong squad next year. It's very exciting.

forward pass

Coach
It is interesting that BF completely fails to acknowledge that the reason Morgs had to make that tackle on Hiku (and yes - he should have made it) was because Semi charged in out of the line and took no-one. Why aren't you tearing Semi a new one over that - or is it ok because he scores tries?

Bigfella

Coach
It is interesting that BF completely fails to acknowledge that the reason Morgs had to make that tackle on Hiku (and yes - he should have made it) was because Semi charged in out of the line and took no-one. Why aren't you tearing Semi a new one over that - or is it ok because he scores tries?

Yep.

And tries his ring off.

And makes tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts