What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and General Drivel XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ray wouldn't be too far off the mark; plus this some comment coming from Pricey - who wasn't too bad on the toughness stakes.

Pricey played with some of the toughest buggers going around at the time, Ray Higgs, Olling, bobby Jay, Fitzy and Gerard who with exception of jay, represented their country at 1 stage.

parra pete

Referee
f**k Pete, I was giving you credit for being a knowledge human being; but this shows you as a senile old fool.

Baker was nearing the end of a solid 1st grade career when he received an offer from Parramatta he couldn't refuse.

Masters left Wests for Saints and Manly had purchased half the Magpie's squad (Boyd, Dorahy and Brown) and Tommy to Newtown to pay off a debt. Fearnley was not wanted by Parramatta and almost pulled off a miracle with a team of "supposed" reserve graders - he and the Magpies proved that wrong.

Get that up you.:D

Get what up me???? What year did Terry almost pull off the miracle? Was it 1982, 83, 84 or 86???

parra pete

Referee
1982, we went to the minor semi with our so-called "no-hopers"; only to go down to Easts in a close one.

They were proven 'no hopers' if they couldn't get past Easts...From memory I think the Eels beat Easts 33-0 in the preliminary final - on a wet day....

magpie4ever

First Grade
They were proven 'no hopers' if they couldn't get past Easts...From memory I think the Eels beat Easts 33-0 in the preliminary final - on a wet day....

So everyone were "no hopers" bar Parramatta (eventually preimers). :(

Sounds like a "non-knowledgable" fanatical Parramatta fan; took you as someone with rugby league knowledge and substance.

Bigfella

Coach
Don't let the username fool you. He's completely unbiased - he's a disillusioned former Canberra supporter.

TheRam

Coach
Could easily fit one in Prince Alfred Park

That was always my more logical choice and would instantly become the most sort after and successful stadium in the country.

Enough reminiscing please. Ram will give you lot another serve if you keep this up.

Sorry. Ram on.

He could be busy re: moving SFS to Central railway.:lol:

On the blower right now trying to marshal a plan for a 10000 helicopter lift to Prince Alfred Park.

But I'm in a bit of a pickle over the billion dollar insurance being demanded for this daring but brilliant scheme. Shoot there's always a snag. :(

How about that John Macarthur....great half-back....could really drive a flock around a field.

Who the f**k? Wasn't he a WWII general or something? You silly old duck get it together.

Oh wait, maybe that was his brother Douglas, but any hows, same difference, just snap out of it you old mumbling fart and get with the 21st century already. It's 2014 people, learn to deal with it!

lingard

Coach
Pricey played with some of the toughest buggers going around at the time, Ray Higgs, Olling, bobby Jay, Fitzy and Gerard who with exception of jay, represented their country at 1 stage.

I reckon Price was as tough as any of those. But he also had speed and skill. He would have stood out in an earlier era as well. I reckon he would have held his own with the likes of Noel Kelly, John O'Neil, Ron Coote, Norm Proven, etc, in terms of toughness and still shone with his speed and ball-playing ability - not to mention his cover defence. Hell, he played against Kelly, Bowden, Tunks, Randall on a regular basis. They don't come much tougher than that.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Apparently you can get the internet on computers these days.

Previously when you "asked Geeves", there was a really smart bloke who answered all of your questions. I forget what his name was, I think it was Gary.

lingard

Coach
Sorry, should I have stuck a comma in between internet and mate?

No, I just think it's an interesting social phenomenon, this internet. It's funny how, under the veil of anonymity, some people reduce their level of social interaction to that of naughty schoolboys. And some even take on different personas/personalities - saying things they wouldn't say in a face to face context. It's funny because in days gone by, when we didn't have the internet, we still had means of communication such as letter-writing, telegrams and telephones where people were somewhat removed from the immediacy and intimacy of face to face contact - and yet I don't recall any such thing as a 'letter troll' or a telephone troll'. Telegram troll? (Sounds like a T-Rex song.
Do you think it is the advent of the internet, with its combination of anonymity and immediacy, that has provided the opportunity for such behaviour? Or do you think it's just a case of any excuse will do?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Dunno Lingard. I would happily say anything I've written on here to your face.
Would you be happy to also? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts