What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRam

Coach
I think that this is close to spot on. I was just thinking the same think the last couple of weeks.

I mean we had to pay way overs for Hoppa, overs for Sandow and the only other marquee player we have signed basically came here because we had family and friends to entice him with.

Every other rumoured signing keeps dissing us, and now we hear that we are offering Lussick, a rookie that has shown sweet FA in the top grade, money that even the Roosters laughed and blushed at.

We definitely aren't an attractive bride to anyone at the moment.

Hopefully if we can get Hayne and Sandow on the field and start to win and then make the eight things can change.

But I am yet to see our coach as being a magnet for player recruitment.

Reel deal

Juniors
What a load of garbage. Cronulla have been struggling for years. Paul Gallen is the 1st player picked for SOO every year. If a player is good enough they will be noticed no matter how bad there team is going! If players think they need to play in the top few teams to get picked for rep games then they are going to sell themselves not to mention there agents pretty short! Salary cap forces them to take a huge pay cut to stay/sign for thoughs teams

TheRam

Coach
What a load of garbage. Cronulla have been struggling for years. Paul Gallen is the 1st player picked for SOO every year. If a player is good enough they will be noticed no matter how bad there team is going! If players think they need to play in the top few teams to get picked for rep games then they are going to sell themselves not to mention there agents pretty short! Salary cap forces them to take a huge pay cut to stay/sign for thoughs teams

That's not the issue really. The issue is when the money is roughly the same when Parra is bidding for a player against another club, then we generally miss out.

born an eel

Bench
There weren't many players capable of pulling a $800K offer at the time and the most likely candidate would be SBW. There is history with Nasser, so would explain a lot, my only problem about this is I beleive Nasser is a muslim and shouldn't be getting pissed.

For a player to be expecting that sort of money I would expect they would have the confidence to turn a club around especially with players like Hayne, Sandow and eventually Hoppa around them. To knock back that sort of money for those reason indicate to me he needs better players around him to make him look good.

born an eel

Bench
That's not the issue really. The issue is when the money is roughly the same when Parra is bidding for a player against another club, then we generally miss out.
that's where the salary cap eventually kicks in and helps distribute the talent.

the agent just bagging us because we don't extra commissions to him in paper bags like other clubs, he should just get over it and when the Storm salary cap manager investiagtion is over there are a few managers that won't be acredited anymore.

Delboy

First Grade
Actually it does have some relevance

Even at junior level, my side was put up incorrectly in the junior league, and got smashed in Div 1. We have lost 4 good players this year to other teams as they did not want to go through another year like that, and 2 were new to footy and went to one of the clubs that beat us ( he was possibly our best player)

When you are seen as losers, no matter how good everything else is, and we are a good club outside last years results, it does impact on you retention and recruitment at every levels. Ummm a worrying comment

the agent didnt bag parra at all he had alot to say about some clubs the club he was bagging was the titans..he has clients at the club and is wondering if their gonna get paid..!!!!...also said the titans are making a big move for cronk which is gonna raise eyebrows when the money comes out what there offering..he also said parra have made a play for sika manu from the storm so if the club say they havent spoken to him there full of crap..but the that has now hit a hitch as the dogs have also made an offer for much less then the parra offer but thats he's preffered option at the moment..hope my grammer is better SDM......:lol:

Actually it does have some relevance

Even at junior level, my side was put up incorrectly in the junior league, and got smashed in Div 1. We have lost 4 good players this year to other teams as they did not want to go through another year like that, and 2 were new to footy and went to one of the clubs that beat us ( he was possibly our best player)

When you are seen as losers, no matter how good everything else is, and we are a good club outside last years results, it does impact on you retention and recruitment at every levels. Ummm a worrying comment
same sort of thing happened to my team, we won Div 2 so next year we were pushed up to division 1 but our best back and best forward were pouched by a rival club and it left us very skinny and we asked to be put back in div 2 before the season started but was told no, instead we had 70pts put past us every week and played most game ethier with 11 players of had a couple of younger guys back up in our team, we had no reserves so if you got injuries you just had to keep playing. I had a sprained wrist played a few game with it then saw a doctor and was told to miss 4 weeks and i didn't even go back after that, what was the point getting lapped every week. At the end of season a lot of players from that team never played again.

SDM

First Grade
the agent didnt bag parra at all he had alot to say about some clubs the club he was bagging was the titans..he has clients at the club and is wondering if their gonna get paid..!!!!...also said the titans are making a big move for cronk which is gonna raise eyebrows when the money comes out what there offering..he also said parra have made a play for sika manu from the storm so if the club say they havent spoken to him there full of crap..but the that has now hit a hitch as the dogs have also made an offer for much less then the parra offer but thats he's preffered option at the moment..hope my grammer is better SDM......:lol:

No mate.

- Grammer is not a word.
- Too many fullstops.
- No capital letters.
- Too many!!!!!!!!
- Preffered? lol.
- he's? lol.

Simpleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.