What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and More Crap V

Status
Not open for further replies.

87eelman

Juniors
I say bring on the new era, this years recuitment drive must be the clubs best since 2005, t rex, a good hooker, a couple of decent props and maybe a decent back and youve got yourself a competitive team.

Agree 10000000%. Our team went from the shithouse to the penthouse in 1 year when we nabbed riddell, PJ, Tahu, Morrison and Stringer that year. We Buckled at the end, but throughout the year we played some awesome footy.

If we dont recruit well i think the writing will be on the wall for Kearney (and i am on the pro kearney bandwagon). IMO if we can nab TREX, someone like pettybourne, and a few solid players we can improve. If we don't i can't see how this current group will get better, given the players we have coming off contract and losing one of the best pklayers to have ever played for us.

Just my opinion, but the way it is shaping up, is that if we miss out recruitment wise this year, i really find it hard to see where we will improve.

TheRam

Coach
I would quietly first go into negotiations with Hayne so as we can see how much money we can spend over the next 4 or 5 years on other players.

We don't want to be in a position next year of hearing these amateurs telling us fans that unfortunately, due to the salary cap we could not match other clubs offers.

I will do my na na, if they stuff this up.

Like I have said before, we should never allow ourselves as a club to lose the most talented player this club has ever produced due to money to another NRL club.

Sure if the AFL come in with some ridiculous multi-million dollar offer or international rugby club, but then that is a different issue, which I will from now on expect the ARLC,(new TV deal) to be able to do something about anyway, in regards to our elite players.

But from an NRL club land competition perspective, we should be in the box seat every time. So they had better have already started to work all this out.

They had better not spend all their bickies this year and then be struggling to match what will undoubtedly be around $1m+ a season offer that he will be fielding. Also our third party offer hunting should be well underway I hope. We will be needing heaps of them. And this is why we need real professionals running the joint, cos I don't think that this lot is capable in this department. I mean Cayless, corporate sales manager? Give me a break.

But now is the time to start planing to retain our number one player, NOT next year.

Joely01

Bench
Let's just assume for a moment that it actually IS true, then it just goes to show cheats really do prosper.
Simply cheat to bring a bunch of guys together, what the heck, win a couple of comps along the way. Sure, you might have them "technically" stripped from the record books, but all the fans and players still got the highs on grand final day (and it's not like someone else was installed as champion, therefore leaving you as 'stripped champs' in the record book).
If you actually get caught, there's only one quick season of misery while you can't play for competition points, and then after that all the superstars you really WANT to keep will sign for less to "play with their mates" [heck they already made their millions, who cares?] Gives them a great chance to win a "legal" premiership to go along with the illegal ones...

Can't wait until Smith/Cronk/Slater are done and we can judge the Storm as a legally assembled team again.

NRL has pathetic penalties on cheating teams. Dogs got a premiership 2 years after they cheated by keeping all the players they wanted. Storm look like they're a chance to do the exact same thing this season.

hot tip for the NRL front office: MAKE TEAMS OVER THE SALARY CAP PAY THE HARD WAY. That is, by losing players and having to pay them to play elsewhere.

Cant angree more.

The other thing is Cameron Smith would be struggling to get paid right now up at the Titans, if it wasnt for and extra boat and some brown paper bags from the Storm to keep him.

Joely01

Bench
Read in the paper this morning that apparently Inu wants to come back to Aus and play for either us or bulldogs (to be near family).

would you take him back?

i would get him back straight away (obviously only if cheap). And sign till the end of next year.

Full strength team for this year could look like this: (with Loko out for season)

1. hayne
2. Sio
3. W.Tonga
4. E.Tonga
5. Inu

Parra Pride

Referee
Read in the paper this morning that apparently Inu wants to come back to Aus and play for either us or bulldogs (to be near family).

would you take him back?

i would get him back straight away (obviously only if cheap). And sign till the end of next year.

Full strength team for this year could look like this: (with Loko out for season)

1. hayne
2. Sio
3. W.Tonga
4. E.Tonga
5. Inu

One change, get rid of that nuffy Esi.

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Tonga
4. Blair
5. Inu

#NotThatICouldSeeItHappening

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd take Inu over Esi but neither of them are top flight centres imo.

Squad players.

Gronk

Staff member
Inu needs to get on the angry pills before he comes back. Then he can play with Hoppa cos they'd have stuff to talk about.

morning-after-pills.jpg

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Would shoot liquid out my nose if TRex signing is announced just before the match this week. Wouldn't be surprised if it's announced next week though... After we've played them and after Hindy news peters out a bit.

#PureSpeculation #IveHeardNothing #pause #Promise

Parra Pride

Referee
Would shoot liquid out my nose if TRex signing is announced just before the match this week. Wouldn't be surprised if it's announced next week though... After we've played them and after Hindy news peters out a bit.

So you're saying we've already signed him?

#ThanksForTheInfo

Just so eloquent. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.