What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Top 25 was posted on other site...Toutai - faraimo - falou - hasson where part of it.
Kaysa-cornish-Moss-bevan-tanginoa-Rory where not

hindy111

Post Whore
Do most teams play with more then the top 25? I would of thought cornish was part of it.How cheap was he? I assumed he would of cost atleast 150k

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do most teams play with more then the top 25? I would of thought cornish was part of it.How cheap was he? I assumed he would of cost atleast 150k

Plenty of top 17 players wouldn't cost $150k. Do you really think there was that much demand for a backup who's played less than 20 games in first grade?

Also, with so few NRL games last year he probably has a significant match payments component to his deal with us, which would count for little under the cap.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I can't believe Cornish would not be top 25. He has to be our first back up in the halves

How many clubs were chasing him? Not many there were several clubs requiring halves for their top 17 yet no-one took a chance on him.

He pretty much had no choice but to sign with us and I doubt it would be for anymore than a minimum contract or second tier.

Basil Brush

Juniors
How many clubs were chasing him? Not many there were several clubs requiring halves for their top 17 yet no-one took a chance on him.

He pretty much had no choice but to sign with us and I doubt it would be for anymore than a minimum contract or second tier.

I am not sure what clubs were after him, or even what clubs were chasing halves, but I believe he would one of the best back up halves in the league.

A lot better than Kelly

hindy111

Post Whore

I do know 3-4 clubs had a bit of interest. Perhaps he is garbage.But i reckon he could be a suprise packet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am not sure what clubs were after him, or even what clubs were chasing halves, but I believe he would one of the best back up halves in the league.

A lot better than Kelly

Better than Kelly at what? You have to understand that when a backup half comes in he won't be your primary playmaker. They won't be playing to his side. In that case one of the most important considerations is defence.

Basil Brush

Juniors
Better than Kelly at what? You have to understand that when a backup half comes in he won't be your primary playmaker. They won't be playing to his side. In that case one of the most important considerations is defence.

I will say he is better than Kelly at most things a halves player need like passing, kicking, setting up other players etc.

Not sure how important defence is either in your back up halves. If you worried about your halves being good defensive players, your side is in trouble

emjaycee

Coach
I will say he is better than Kelly at most things a halves player need like passing, kicking, setting up other players etc.

Not sure how important defence is either in your back up halves. If you worried about your halves being good defensive players, your side is in trouble

Basil, welcome to LU.

I am not sure how much lurking and reading you did before your initial post, but I am sure with your early challenges to our resident "Mr Contrary" you are about to rapidly increase your post count and get a lesson on the value or otherwise of defensive halves.

Did you ever see Chris Sandow play for us? Consensus around here is that he was one of our worst ever signings and a lot of that view came from his defensive efforts (or lack of).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts