What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon it's every player's job.

While he wasn't always terrible, the game v the Knights where he just watched BJ Leilua run past him really did it for me.

I never blamed him for that miss Baz. Surely someone else should have been carrying him and covered for it? :sarcasm:

Basil Brush

Juniors
Anyway back onto rumoured signings, does anyone think that the reason Paulo hasn't been announced to Raiders is that they are worried about the round 13 backflip thing?

Or has that been abolished?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't get me wrong, when Luke Kelly plays he's the worst player in our defensive line, just like Thurston is the worst defender at the Cowboys and Maloney is the worst defender wherever he plays (yes I compared Kelly to these two, arrest me).

But the difference between having Kelly as the worst player in your line and having Sandow is enormous.

Anyway back onto rumoured signings, does anyone think that the reason Paulo hasn't been announced to Raiders is that they are worried about the round 13 backflip thing?

Or has that been abolished?

I would think that the NRL may hold off on registering any new contract for Paulo until they have more info regarding the outcome of the common assault charges levelled against him. I'm just guessing though.

Parra Pride

Coach
Don't get me wrong, when Luke Kelly plays he's the worst player in our defensive line, just like Thurston is the worst defender at the Cowboys and Maloney is the worst defender wherever he plays (yes I compared Kelly to these two, arrest me).

But the difference between having Kelly as the worst player in your line and having Sandow is enormous.

Also the difference between having Thurston and Maloney or Kelly in your line up is massive.

lingard

Coach
You also said that "We could have carried him in defence" and yet we didn't.

""We could have carried him in defence" IF his attack had been more consistent and organised. I agree with Basil Brush - defence wasn't the main reason he was unsuccessful at our club.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
""We could have carried him in defence" IF his attack had been more consistent and organised. I agree with Basil Brush - defence wasn't the main reason he was unsuccessful at our club.

We finished bottom four in defence the whole four years he was here (2012-2015). The last time we finished bottom four in defence was 1995.

In his four years at Souths they were a bottom four defensive side three times. The other time they were bottom six.

hindy111

Post Whore
His attack was better then guys like Hodgkinson who played origin. Sandow had a great long kick and hard to contain in attack, but not the greatest orgnaiser or sticking to a game plan-With a more dominant hooker and 5/8 in this role he would of done a lot better - His defense was the biggest issue thou and the reason other clubs where he may of fit well in attack didnt warrant having him due to his poor defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts