What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so what do we do with our hooker spot after this year?

We all were extremely happy with Peats when he signed but, really, is he what we need? Is he what a Premiership winning team needs? He's tougher than Batman but he's not all that creative and so may hold back our spine a little.

IDG doesn't figure in our future plans, either, as far as I'm concerned.

So does that leave us with a King/Pritchard combination for '17? Is that one we want to go with our do we look at re-signing Peats?

Avenger

Immortal

We all were extremely happy with Peats when he signed but, really, is he what we need? Is he what a Premiership winning team needs? He's tougher than Batman but he's not all that creative and so may hold back our spine a little.

So does that leave us with a King/Pritchard combination for '17? Is that one we want to go with our do we look at re-signing Peats?

If it means keeping Paulo I wouldn't re-sign Peats. I'd go with Pritchard and King. When they are all fit I reckon Pritchard shits on all of them. The problem is that all our long term hooking options are injury prone.

If it means keeping Paulo I wouldn't re-sign Peats. I'd go with Pritchard and King. When they are all fit I reckon Pritchard shits on all of them. The problem is that all our long term hooking options are injury prone.

According to Stagger, Paulo agreed to term elsewhere some time ago.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Whoa...hey, now - let's not say something we can't take back...

Bigfella

Coach

I think this is a good question.

He definitely needs to go to the next level this season if he is to be guaranteed to be resigned.

Having a full uninjured session will help. He's never played a full season.

So would playing semis. I think he can do it, but I agree he needs to show some more apart from courage and commitment, as admirable as those qualities are.

You get the feeling he is a real off field leader though so I'm sure we would be loath to turn our backs on that

Basil Brush

Juniors

I tend to agree. I also think King may surprise a lot of people if he gets a chance.

Delboy

First Grade
Re Paulo, I understand he has been made an offer which his manager nay have signed a LOI, but junior has not signed a contract

There is a lot going on to retain him at a very respectable amount, he doesn't want to leave and there is a pretty good chance we can come up with something to keep him

Possibly depends how stupid Ricky wants to go, he loves to mismanage the cap :)

Basil Brush

Juniors
Re Paulo, I understand he has been made an offer which his manager nay have signed a LOI, but junior has not signed a contract

There is a lot going on to retain him at a very respectable amount, he doesn't want to leave and there is a pretty good chance we can come up with something to keep him

Possibly depends how stupid Ricky wants to go, he loves to mismanage the cap :)

I tend to agree.

However, from what i have heard, we may not be willing to match the Raiders offer.

Delboy

First Grade
Maybe it's our chance to get someone for a " wants to stay for less" contract that we hear so much about at other clubs

He doesn't want to live in Canberra, all his family etc are in Western Sydney and he has just moved into a new place close to Parra etc

Status
Not open for further replies.