What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a team that can climb the ladder and we can have hope for and the usuals on here find something to winge about. The usuals being the ones who'd rather we had a team full of mediocre players. Its a great team put together by a coach who looks like he knows what hes doing for a change. Just be happy you goobers.

Ill go out on a limb here, and say youre about vietnamese as my hairy arse.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Pretty sure it's X-Ray Man. A Latin American super hero helping impoverished people that can't afford x-rays.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Ok, I finally did it.

I put hindy111 on ignore.
Can someone please quote him if he makes a good point OR if he manages to use 'too' in the appripriate way, or spells 'though' correctly.

Thanks all! Sorry hindy111, I am sure you are cool, but your ignorance drives me bonkers!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok, I finally did it.

I put hindy111 on ignore.
Can someone please quote him if he makes a good point OR if he manages to use 'too' in the appripriate way, or spells 'though' correctly.

Thanks all! Sorry hindy111, I am sure you are cool, but your ignorance drives me bonkers!!

Hindy11 says he likes you and will you go out with him?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Very happy with Jennings.

I remember back in 2004, i was only 15. I was pumped with our recruitment for the 2005 season and was very confident we could give it a really good crack. I haven't felt like that since now.

Bring on round 1.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Yeah I worded that wrong. I don't feel as if we can win it, but I do think we can make the 8 and then who knows what will happen there.

I'm just confident we have turned a big corner.

Johnny88

Juniors
Very happy with Jennings signing we really seem to have a great team now not just reliant on 1 player.

Bigfella

Coach
If anyone has taken Hayne out of the picture it is Foran. Jennings would be on less than half what Hayne could earn.

Yep

Jennings would be on less than half what hoppa was on when Hayne was still here

When we talk about losing blokes like Jr Paolo - that is because of Foran

In saying that - we needed Foran.

We wouldn't have signed some of the blokes without him

The most pressure on the cap will come from watmough

If he a) doesn't get in the field or b) does and isn't great - his dollars will really be felt

Bigfella

Coach
Conversely - the acquisition of some of these elite players makes Gordon a better signing

If he performs at or close to he level of the best fullbacks in the comp, it will make us highly competitive

Bigfella

Coach
How will you know that that's what happened? Jnr was (by all accounts) on the way out anyway. He manages to get suspended for about 40% of the season, and has a date with the DPP in April. Pauli....that's a toss of the coin. Who knows? People get a tad carried away by the odd big run, coz he's the size of horse on steroids, but he's yet to show that he's anything super special. I could, of course, look like a total dickhead a year from now. But that's how I see it.

You don't give yourself enough credit mate

It won't take that long

Ring Gids

Juniors
Conversely - the acquisition of some of these elite players makes Gordon a better signing

If he performs at or close to he level of the best fullbacks in the comp, it will make us highly competitive

he doesn't need to be anywhere near that level given who we have in the team. He needs to be safe, and chime in where necessary. If he was bought in on the basis that he needed to be at the level of the best fullbacks in the company then a) our recruitment team are deluded and b) we got ourselves a bargain if he's even close to that level because we certainly wouldn't be paying top fullback dollar for him.

Ratchy

Juniors
he doesn't need to be anywhere near that level given who we have in the team. He needs to be safe, and chime in where necessary. If he was bought in on the basis that he needed to be at the level of the best fullbacks in the company then a) our recruitment team are deluded and b) we got ourselves a bargain if he's even close to that level because we certainly wouldn't be paying top fullback dollar for him.

And to kick goals

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep

Jennings would be on less than half what hoppa was on when Hayne was still here

Jennings and Hopoate would have been on similar money.

When we talk about losing blokes like Jr Paolo - that is because of Foran

In saying that - we needed Foran.

We wouldn't have signed some of the blokes without him

The most pressure on the cap will come from watmough

If he a) doesn't get in the field or b) does and isn't great - his dollars will really be felt

Watmough wouldn't be on huge money because there was no demand for him. His own club let him go with a year to run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts