What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and TheRam's whinging XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Because reportedly he was on huge money for that year, I recall it being widely reported his last year was a ridiculous amount of money due to the back ending of his contract.

Bigfella

Coach
Pou still clinging blindly to the deluded belief that hoppa wasn't on massive money paid for by super coach Kearney despite the multiple articles by much better informed journalists to that effect.

Bigfella

Coach
Jennings and Hopoate would have been on similar money.

Watmough wouldn't be on huge money because there was no demand for him. His own club let him go with a year to run!

Yawn.

Because he was on a massively backended deal, which Manly didn't want to pay all of, and he had a falling out with the club over Glenn Stewart.

We had to compensate him for a massive payday he was giving up, give human extended deal, and as you yourself have said millions of times, we were at a point where we had to pay overs.

You will just say anything. Including the opposite of things you have said previously.

You need lessons in common sense from Casper and Hindy.

EelsFan05

Bench
I don't think Watmough would be on 'massive' money for the next three seasons. Manly offered him a two year deal on top of last season on a reduced wage for the final two seasons. We offered him a 4 year deal, including last season which was the last seasons of a backloaded contact subsided by Manly. Meaning he got his last pay day by way of an extra seasons wage not a massive per year contract amount.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
He was reported to have rejected a 1.2 million dollar extension at manly, which was on top of the 900k he was then owed for his final season.

He'll be on plenty, even allowing for the fourth year, and manly paying some of the freight in the first year.

And it's amplified by the amount of games he may miss given his injury history.

Gronk

Staff member
He was reported to have rejected a 1.2 million dollar extension at manly, which was on top of the 900k he was then owed for his final season.

He'll be on plenty, even allowing for the fourth year, and manly paying some of the freight in the first year.

And it's amplified by the amount of games he may miss given his injury history.

Urban myth IMHO.

2011 24 games, 3 NSW
2012 27 games, 2 NSW
2013 25 games, 3 NSW
2014 20 games, 3 NSW
2015 17 games

I think he should be given the benefit of playing 2016 season before he gets the tag as being injury prone.

Just in comparison

Mannah has played

2011 22 games, 3 NSW, City
2012 24 games, City
2013 24 games, City
2014 22 games
2015 23 games

Bigfella

Coach
He's played with injury those years. And his stats compared to mannahs are in years where they went deep in the finals.

It may well get to a point where he can't keep doing that.

He reportedly nearly retired this off season.

His injury history is an issue into his 30's and with three more years to run.

Especially as last year saw him miss more games than any in the last five, and he played quite a few not at full fitness.

Gronk

Staff member
He's played with injury those years. And his stats compared to mannahs are in years where they went deep in the finals.

It may well get to a point where he can't keep doing that.

He reportedly nearly retired this off season.

His injury history is an issue into his 30's and with three more years to run.

Especially as last year saw him miss more games than any in the last five, and he played quite a few not at full fitness.

Nearly every player plays with niggles. Facts are that he's played a shit load of games at a high level and was a significant part of the Manly success. Yes his 2015 season was effected by injury, but that does not make him injury prone compared to some.

Playing into your 30's is an issue for every player as well as Watmerkin, Scott etc

Bigfella

Coach
Nearly every player plays with niggles. Facts are that he's played a shit load of games at a high level and was a significant part of the Manly success. Yes his 2015 season was effected by injury, but that does not make him injury prone compared to some.

Playing into your 30's is an issue for every player as well as Watmerkin, Scott etc

Hes been one of the best ever at playing at a high level with injury. There's no doubt about that. That's the point I'm making about his history, not that he is injury prone.

But he's also one of the older players in the comp.

He's getting to the point where he will be having chronic issues, and presumably the drive may be tested to keep pushing through.

If he is going to miss a lot of games over the last three years and he's on big money, it becomes more of a pointed issue for our cap.

Anyway, it's very possible that neither him nor the club ever really intended him to play four years out.

oldmancraigy

Coach

And Watmough dropped the ball twice a game for Manly all those years as well.
His impact isn't found in ball security, it is line speed, intensity and making plays. Wasn't at his best last year, lets hope another old hard head like Scott can fire him up this year?

HayneKloppter

Juniors
Would love to see choc play 2 full seasons and smash lockyers 1st grade appearances record in our colours

He's about 50 games away

Stagger eel

Staff member
I noticed with interest in particular on both sites how the big hitters played their part with the Jenkovic ( hold the H ) ... DA, BA, Bolous and Steve Sharps name have been mentioned in several posts but the 1 bloke who failed to get a mention was the 1 bloke who probably had more conversations with Isaac Moses during the process than anyone else and that's Peter Sharp....he is definitely our'go to' man amongst the player managers.

TheRam

Coach
Hey he gives back to the game. Answers questions to the fans.... Respect the guy...

So do I Hindy111. He has made many great ideas and solutions to advance this great game, contrary to what many on here say. He is definitely not just a whinger.

But his commentary can leave me cold when he goes on like a goose with Rabs, or big notes himself about the outcome of a certain play or result of the game, or his hidden agendas. When he first started though he didn't use the commentary as his play thing and he was the best of the best.

If he could go back to that he would be the best, but I don't think that is possible.

But Hindy don't let the bastards on here get you down. Just remember in many cultures, France for example, having a mistress(Penrith) and wife(Parra), c'est ordinaire.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So do I Hindy111. He has made many great ideas and solutions to advance this great game, contrary to what many on here say. He is definitely not just a whinger.

But his commentary can leave me cold when he goes on like a goose with Rabs, or big notes himself about the outcome of a certain play or result of the game, or his hidden agendas. When he first started though he didn't use the commentary as his play thing and he was the best of the best.

If he could go back to that he would be the best, but I don't think that is possible.

But Hindy don't let the bastards on here get you down. Just remember in many cultures, France for example, having a mistress(Penrith) and wife(Parra), c'est ordinaire.

Agree entirely with this. Some of us might give Hindy a bit of shit about Gould, but there is no doubting his knowledge and vision.

Smart guy and excellent communicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts