What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realise resigning someone doesn't mean he is guaranteed first grade? Wallace will be cheap and good depth.

Also Moylan to the halves is looking less and less likely with the young halves we'we've got coming through, which you'you'd know if you had any clue at all.

All this bloke does is repost the same tired old sit repeatedly that everyone else has already talked about. Can we just ignore him and stop pretending he has any kind of idea about footy?

I see Moylan going to the halves at some stage anyway.

He's not the fastest fullback now in his early 20's , pace will slow further and make it a more natural fit.

TheStrategist

Juniors
I gave yous the Blueprint for what could be named one of the best if not THE best lineups in years but you all seem pretty confident in 30+ yr olds to be your future somehow.. even though the avg footballer retires in the early 30's but who cares right thats your future lol. Laters .. dnt bother replying I wont be back.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I gave yous the Blueprint for what could be named one of the best if not THE best lineups in years but you all seem pretty confident in 30+ yr olds to be your future somehow.. even though the avg footballer retires in the early 30's but who cares right thats your future lol. Laters .. dnt bother replying I wont be back.

Your best post yet, clueless fool.

mxlegend99

Referee
1. Matt Moylan
2. Josh Mansour
3. Waqa Blake / Peta Hiku
4. Dean Whare
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Nathan Cleary
8. Reegan Campbell-Gillard
9. James Segeyaro
10. James Tamou
11. Isaah Yeo
12. Bryce Cartwright
13. Trent Merrin

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Leilani Latu
16. Chris Grevsmuhl
17. James Fisher-Harris

We are building toward this side. Potentially a younger one if we lose some of these guys. I don't see us replacing these guys with older ones... and this would surely be close to the youngest side if not the youngest side running around.

Our team is going to be built around Moylan, Cartwright and TMM. Not Wallace and Soward. They will be phased out.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Didn't notice that obviously. Can take your pick of any number of young blokes to take his bench spot. Or possibly even change the front row rotation of we sign James Tamou.

Moses Leota. Villiame Kikau. We have a fair few young forwards waiting to be the next project like James Fisher-Harris has been. Tyrone Peachey may even become a permanent centre and force a shuffle of the backline.

Our juniors are killing it. Aside from a dodgy reserve grade coach this year everything in the lower grades has been good for us consistently basically. There's not a single club in the competition in a better position than we are as far as young talent coming through goes.

ranga

Juniors
I guess it is easy to forget as a Raiders fan we have two of the best young hookers in the game in Katoa and Luke. Need a new prop. Don't worry we have the best young props on the game. Need a new centre, fullback, winger we are fine.

I personally rate Seg and would prefer we keep him but I'd say no player moving outside of Cartwright and Moylan are going to stop this team in its tracks.

How long is Cartwrigt
Tied up for he may be hard to keep he makes good his promise

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Players and contracts from ZeroTackle

Blake - 2017
RCG - 2019
Cartwright - 2018
Clark - 2018
Cleary - 2018
Docker-Clay- 2017
Edwards - 2018
Fisher-Harris -2018
Grevsmhul - 2018
Hiku -2018
Gennings -2016
Rennings - 2016
Katoa -2017
Kikau -2017
Latimore - 2017
Latu - 2017
Luke -2018
Mansour -2016
TMM - 2018
May - 2018
McKendry -2019
Merrin - 2018
Moylan -2018
Peachey -2018
Segs -2016
Smith -2016
Soward -2017
Wallace -2016
DWZ -2017
Whare -2017
Yeo - 2019

Kilkenny

Coach
You would have to think Matagi and Latimore will be candidates for early releases? Not criticising them but to play Nrl next season it will have to be elsewhere.

Big Mick

Referee
You would have to think Matagi and Latimore will be candidates for early releases? Not criticising them but to play Nrl next season it will have to be elsewhere.

Matagi has an option in his favour for 2017. So it's up to him whether to take up the option or leave. You'd have to think he'll leave if not given a chance at NRL football.

Latimore I think wont be here.

Pending on how good Peachey goes at centre the rest of the year I wouldn't be shocked to see us move on Dean Whare at the end of the year. 2-3 years of injuries, big pay on the books, off-contract anyway in 2017 - It'd be a huge risk to let go of imo one of the top 5 centres in the game but who knows. Could work.

If we don't get rid of McKendry, Latimore, Matagi...I don't see Katoa, Kikau, Clark all sticking around beyond next year - That's assuming we re-sign Latu as well. But I would think we only keep two of those young props beyond 2017.

Exsilium

Coach
Mick, of McKendry, Matagi or Latimore who do you prefer to lose?

For mine it's McKendry. Matagi has powerful running and hits in defence whereas I see Mckendry and Latimore to be very similar but prefer latimore because he puts his body on the line in defence and is happy to do the tough work up the middle.

Peachey has the skills to play centre, lock, back row and to a lesser extent as a back up half. A fair amount of us wanted to see him in the centres and I am happy he's got that chance because he is one of the few players in our side that can genuinely question the defense.

MX, why do you consider Yeo to be a bench player moving forward?

Tamou expected to make a decision by Monday or Tuesday. We are favourites to sign him at the moment but Cowboys are making a last ditch attempt to keep him.

murraymob

Coach
hope the cowboys keep him. Our current forward pack has been even or in front every week we have young forwards coming through. Way to much money for a front rower

betcats

Referee
There's no way I'd be spending much to retain Seggy, no way in hell. Keep Wallace as a hooker and hopefully one of Katoa or Soni Luke can step up next year. Seggy just has to much rubbish in his game he holds us back.

There's no way I'd be spending much to retain Seggy, no way in hell. Keep Wallace as a hooker and hopefully one of Katoa or Soni Luke can step up next year. Seggy just has to much rubbish in his game he holds us back.

Forget next year I'd drop him now.

Wallace back to 9 , Cleary or Moylan to the halves.

There's no time to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts