What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crichton is the one. Ticks all the boxes but a season or 2 away. Depends how Naden comes along and whether Burns or someone moves out there as too when Whare goes

Mcgrady is obviously in their plans too. Although I wouldn’t expect him in FG during the first half of the year as he’s coming back from an ACL.

betcats

Referee
Maybe he is one of those players that if he impresses over the off season he might force his way into the top 30 by next year?

He has to at least get a development contract, having played a game of nrl(and played well at that) it puts him ahead of any of our development players. How does Dean Blore jump him in the pecking order? They could of got an exemption for Dean last season instead of Burton, and Burton played well so it doesn’t make much sense. More to come I think. Was Dean Blore injured around the sharks game this season?

franklin2323

Immortal
Mcgrady is obviously in their plans too. Although I wouldn’t expect him in FG during the first half of the year as he’s coming back from an ACL.

He did look good but back to back ACL's isn't a good sign. If the rumours of Lomax and Atkin getting released is true. I'd give either a 2 year deal and then can re-evalute down the track

He has to at least get a development contract, having played a game of nrl(and played well at that) it puts him ahead of any of our development players. How does Dean Blore jump him in the pecking order? They could of got an exemption for Dean last season instead of Burton, and Burton played well so it doesn’t make much sense. More to come I think. Was Dean Blore injured around the sharks game this season?

I remember Blore was on named in reserve grade the week Burton debuted but I can't recall if he played reserve grade that weekend.
I agree I think there will be some tinkering to come.

betcats

Referee
The cynic in me makes me think Dean Blore’s upgrade could be related to our need to re-sign Shawn and Mcgrady is possibly related to wanting to hold on to his younger bro, I do tend to over think sometimes though haha.

The cynic in me makes me think Dean Blore’s upgrade could be related to our need to re-sign Shawn and Mcgrady is possibly related to wanting to hold on to his younger bro, I do tend to over think sometimes though haha.

That could make sense with Dean Blore, Shawn is FG ready and if they’ve decided to give Luai an extended run at 5/8 it may not matter if Burton has a development contract. He’ll be able to play after June 30 anyway.

Coastal

Juniors
Whether I get "likes" or not, I'm not here to get pats on the back. Rose coloured glasses for most of you, makes me cringe actually. Most of you don't have a footy brain at all, all innuendo and hopeful thinking, bunch of F#$%king sooks.

franklin2323

Immortal

Didn't Gus say Shawn was signed for 3 years this time last year?

betcats

Referee
That could make sense with Dean Blore, Shawn is FG ready and if they’ve decided to give Luai an extended run at 5/8 it may not matter if Burton has a development contract. He’ll be able to play after June 30 anyway.

Yeah the Blore’s seem more likely for something like that. Shawn has really had a bigger wrap then any of our recent kids given he made nsw development squad last season. And even if you are deadset on Luai as the 6 how do you go into the season with 3 halves in the squad, one of which is very likely to play origin, another hasn’t actually locked down the spot yet and your back up is completely untried at this level and not particularly a stand out in the level below, it’s very thin and I know Burton only has one game and is younger but that one game was impressive and he does stand out in the level below.

Whether I get "likes" or not, I'm not here to get pats on the back. Rose coloured glasses for most of you, makes me cringe actually. Most of you don't have a footy brain at all, all innuendo and hopeful thinking, bunch of F#$%king sooks.

You can be critical of the club without being a dickhead towards others here.

I mean, it’s theoretically possible...

franklin2323

Immortal
I remember Blore was on named in reserve grade the week Burton debuted but I can't recall if he played reserve grade that weekend.
I agree I think there will be some tinkering to come.

When Luai played Blore was off the bench. I don't see him being FT squad already too inexperienced Burton or him I would of thought the choice was

Yeah the Blore’s seem more likely for something like that. Shawn has really had a bigger wrap then any of our recent kids given he made nsw development squad last season. And even if you are deadset on Luai as the 6 how do you go into the season with 3 halves in the squad, one of which is very likely to play origin, another hasn’t actually locked down the spot yet and your back up is completely untried at this level and not particularly a stand out in the level below, it’s very thin and I know Burton only has one game and is younger but that one game was impressive and he does stand out in the level below.

We only had 3 halves this year. And it was possible 2 would be selected for origin.

Aipisai could fill in of we’re desperate, Tyrone May too if that clears up.

Status
Not open for further replies.