What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yippeeeee, finals!

So glad we fired our coach who got us there 3 times in 3 years, just so we could miss them the following year & then lower our expectations enough so we think it’s some sort of major achievement in to make it again.

Not lower expectations more like build up things we didn’t do under hook. Not his fault entirely but everyone on the same page helps

Abacus

Juniors
Nope, not true re the broncos, he was well liked by the squad or at least a majority of it and most of them were upset that he was moved on.
Thanks for your input lynx. Whether or not your post is factual (& I'm not saying it's not) the mere mention of Panthers' best coach since 2003 has this forum moving again.

Kilkenny

Coach
As far as I am aware Anthony Griffin had not lost the support of the majority of the playing group before he was sacked. Can’t offer an opinion on what happened at his time at the Broncos but I certainly believe he still had not lost the dressing room with us when his contract with us was terminated. There were clearly more powerful forces operating at that time which led to his demise and Ivan Cleary’s reinstatement and ultimately Gus Gould’s departure.

There are many, including some on here, who believe we have a better ‘structure’ in place going forward well the proof will be in the pudding I guess and nothing short of a top 8 position will be acceptable given the upheaval.

Entering into a total rebuild after enjoying three back to back semi final finishes is huge call so I am hopeful the three wise men in charge that are now part of this so called better structure get the business done.

For me there will be no excuses if we have another season finishing outside the top 8. The three wise men got what they wanted and have to deliver pure and simple.

Kilkenny

Coach
Given we have 29 spots filled in our 2020 that still leaves one spot. You would have to think there is still an opportunity to find a depth outside back given there is still player movements happening. I acknowledge we can’t accommodate a Latrell Mitchell inside our cap but given all the moves yet to be finalised it would be nice to think there is another recruit coming our way, not marquee, but decent solid outside back even if only for depth. If we don’t I expect to see a lot of Capewell/Yeo/Cartwright playing centre this season particularly if the obvious selections get injured.

Bob

Juniors
From Panthers twitter OFFICIAL. With Mitch Kenny and Soni Luke currently sidelined through injury, Queensland U20s representative hooker Tyson Smoothy has joined Panthers on a train-and-trial deal. Welcome!

GongPanther

Referee
From Panthers twitter OFFICIAL. With Mitch Kenny and Soni Luke currently sidelined through injury, Queensland U20s representative hooker Tyson Smoothy has joined Panthers on a train-and-trial deal. Welcome!
One would assume that if he gets the nod, he takes the final squad number?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
One would assume that if he gets the nod, he takes the final squad number?

Question Is a train and trial contract outside the top 30. Is this insurance against Tryone May whose sentencing comes in the next few weeks, (not thinking of goal term but of NRL comming in and extending his time away from the game) ?

Zampaa

Juniors
Question Is a train and trial contract outside the top 30. Is this insurance against Tryone May whose sentencing comes in the next few weeks, (not thinking of goal term but of NRL comming in and extending his time away from the game) ?

His highlights on YouTube don't make him look overly impressive.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
His highlights on YouTube don't make him look overly impressive.

I have no idea about that. He could be a late bloomer. He wouldn't make Qld state sides if he wasn't completely without talent.
Have just found out it's outside the top 30 squad.....So a good pick up. May play cup this year if deemed to be promising on a 2nd tier contract like Naden was at beginning of 2019.

snickers007

Juniors
Looking at the Latrell Mitchell / Jai Arrow / Souths drama unfolding, it looks like there will definitely be some movement in the next couple of weeks.It's rumoured that Dane Gagai and Alex Johnston are the guys on the outer if Mitchell joins them.

Let's say that Arrow sticks with the Titans this year, and Mitchell joins the Rabbits. Rabbits will still be after a forward to replace Burgess.

Would you be interested in Gagai or Johnston to the Panthers?
Which forward would you offer up for a trade to the Rabbits?

franklin2323

Immortal
Mitchell is getting signed for 12 months. JAC is getting released...Why go after players that are unlikely to improve the team and take up space for these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.