What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I really REALLY hope im wrong but i highly doubt I will be. This will be a total shitfight

Can you remember a time when a player was tackled in the air to stop a try? I can’t doesn’t mean the NRL won’t butcher it but they can’t get simple things like knock on right

Dave's mate

Juniors
Can you remember a time when a player was tackled in the air to stop a try? I can’t doesn’t mean the NRL won’t butcher it but they can’t get simple things like knock on right
Many times the defender puts hands on them lowering them down before trying to hold up or push out. Almost every single time a short player is up against a taller one in fact.

Kilkenny

Coach
Its the same mistake as the shoulder charge rule. Send off and 10+ weeks for anyone who actually does wrong.....not that either really ever happened in the first place. The game is ran by cowards
I kind of understand where you are coming from but at the same time certain coaches has been very detrimental to the way the game has evolved in the last ten years or so. I think the games administration has attempted to introduce rule changes with honourable intentions but the coaches of certain clubs have found ways to circumvent the rules.

Fangs

Coach
I think whatever benefit it has for attacking teams will be extinguished quickly. Defenses will adapt fast.

BxTom

Bench
I think whatever benefit it has for attacking teams will be extinguished quickly. Defenses will adapt fast.
Used to be an adage in Soccer - once it's in the air it's a 50/50 ball. Some coaches favour possession of the ball more highly than others. So it will largely come down to the opposition, the score and the coaches (and players?) mindset as to how much effect the rule change has. I cannot see it being advantageous - just more KFC ads whilst the bunker decides...

franklin2323

Immortal
Used to be an adage in Soccer - once it's in the air it's a 50/50 ball. Some coaches favour possession of the ball more highly than others. So it will largely come down to the opposition, the score and the coaches (and players?) mindset as to how much effect the rule change has. I cannot see it being advantageous - just more KFC ads whilst the bunker decides...

All the rules are setup to make it less predictable. Every team will be practicing if they are set for a kick may just make gaps somewhere else. If so good decision if creates more stoppages then bad decision

Fangs

Coach

Bang on about KFC. They make a bucketload from it.

MugaB

Coach
Bang on about KFC. They make a bucketload from it.
For all the adverts they have with chicken in those buckets, they rarely give you an actual BUCKET, always stuffing that same amount of chicken into a rectangle box, I WANT THAT BUCKET GOD DAMN IT!

Bob

Juniors
A couple of interesting additions to the Western Suburbs Magpies squad

Wests Magpies

Austiin Diaz, Ben Seufale, Brad Abbey, Brendan O'Hagan, Curtis Wilson, Jordan Lieu, Joseph Ratu, Joseph Taipari, Junior Fainga'a, Lachlan Talau, Lufusi Vea Tapaatoutai, Matheson Johns, Michael Fenn, Terrelle May, Tyrone Faulkner

Kilkenny

Coach

Wests Magpies

Austiin Diaz, Ben Seufale, Brad Abbey, Brendan O'Hagan, Curtis Wilson, Jordan Lieu, Joseph Ratu, Joseph Taipari, Junior Fainga'a, Lachlan Talau, Lufusi Vea Tapaatoutai, Matheson Johns, Michael Fenn, Terrelle May, Tyrone Faulkner
May must have recently been released as he was listed on the main site as being part of our Canterbury Cup team for this season.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

Wests Magpies

Someone on here heard Matherosn Johns left for the Tigers a couple of weeks ago, Blade confirmed he was gone.

I didn't know May's brother left.

GongPanther

Referee
Inklings around that the Sharks are in the Shit in regards to hanging onto players. I rarely window shop other clubs players, but when Bronson Xerri's agent starts putting out feelers for Xerri, I hope the Panthers pounce on him. Love to have this player in our backline as he is the purfect player to compliment our playing roster. Xerri is refusing to extend his contract, so all is not well in the Shire.

Link to to story about the troubles in Shark-land.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...s-coming-from-the-sharks-20200220-p542v2.html

MugaB

Coach
Inklings around that the Sharks are in the Shit in regards to hanging onto players. I rarely window shop other clubs players, but when Bronson Xerri's agent starts putting out feelers for Xerri, I hope the Panthers pounce on him. Love to have this player in our backline as he is the purfect player to compliment our playing roster. Xerri is refusing to extend his contract, so all is not well in the Shire.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...s-coming-from-the-sharks-20200220-p542v2.html

Yeah sorry but if he is dumb enough to piss all over a contract that the club who put him on the radar in the first place, he has no place on our team IMO, i don't care how good a player he is.
Roosters can take him

OldPanther

Coach

Our top 30 is full though so would have to offload someone and a player who frees up enough cap space as well.

maple_69

Bench
For all the focus on getting good young men through our system over the last 5 years we had a major sex scandal that partly derailed our season and long term rebuild anyway. To build a side out of blokes who aren’t wankers or prone to a contract dispute is really narrowing options. I’d love Xerri and am confident we could flip Whare or Mansour to a young, rebuilding side looking for experience and reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts