What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can't believe the comments on here in regards to Robert Jennings. You guys were this years' runners up ffs and have one of the best backlines in the camp. Jennings is barely Ron Massey Cup standard.

Robert Jennings has been a running joke for 2 years among Tigers fans. Even in our crap team he has stood out, head and shoulders above the rest, as being especially shithouse. Many times the ball would be spread to his wing and he would be lagging way behind the line, nowhere to be seen. He also never, ever comes infield looking for the ball. He can go entire games without even touching the ball. In all my years of supporting Wests Tigers I have never seen a more lazy, useless player than Robert Jennings. And that's saying something, Nathan Milone played for us.

MWZ is 3x the player Jennings is. They both played for us and given a choice I would take MWZ any day.

MWZ played 1 game. Jennings likely plays the same... He does play centre too which MWZ didn't.

Jennings is 1000x the centre May is. So more options the better and we are talking depth players not the GF players

WestyLife

First Grade
I can't believe the comments on here in regards to Robert Jennings. You guys were this years' runners up ffs and have one of the best backlines in the camp. Jennings is barely Ron Massey Cup standard.

Robert Jennings has been a running joke for 2 years among Tigers fans. Even in our crap team he has stood out, head and shoulders above the rest, as being especially shithouse. Many times the ball would be spread to his wing and he would be lagging way behind the line, nowhere to be seen. He also never, ever comes infield looking for the ball. He can go entire games without even touching the ball. In all my years of supporting Wests Tigers I have never seen a more lazy, useless player than Robert Jennings. And that's saying something, Nathan Milone played for us.

MWZ is 3x the player Jennings is. They both played for us and given a choice I would take MWZ any day.

Neither would make our backline without an injury crises.

TIGER14

Bench
If he was so bad. Why then was Robert the top try scorer when at Souths.

I suggest it has more to do with the team around him at W/T. Robert did very well when at Souths, and has the potential to do the same again with the quality players we have at the Penrith Panthers.

Have a look at the highlights for those tries. He didn't have to do any work for any of them. He literally just had to fall over the line for all bar maybe one or two tries. Us Tigers fans got sucked in by that statistic too. But the stat doesn't tell the full story.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

he was playing with a shit team. Honestly the Tigers are a joke

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Have a look at the highlights for those tries. He didn't have to do any work for any of them. He literally just had to fall over the line for all bar maybe one or two tries. Us Tigers fans got sucked in by that statistic too. But the stat doesn't tell the full story.

I think the Penrith Panthers staffs are more tha capable of making a good decision regarding recuitment and rentention.

I find it quite amusing the lack of reflection from some of the W/T faithful. Point is Robert did score those tries.

How many players have W/T managed to almost ruin? Many of these players did very well at other clubs, both before and after.

Robert played for junior kangaroos, a member of the under 20's premiership team

Robert is on a one year deal, a chance for him to re-set after W/T and maybe prove he deserves a place in the top 17.

He has thought some mighty players in front of him. Crighton, Staines, Bizza and Mansour.

A win win for Penrith.

Even if we’re wrong, it’s a one year minimum deal to be a backup. It’s no big deal. We can easily sidestep him and play a youngster like Turuva.

The Realist

Juniors
Twice he had a 3 on 2 and passed to early. If you had a Gutherson well......

You may have a premiership ring. Fullbacks need to ball play.

I am shocked that nobody else picked up on this! Edwards has been very good for us this year - but he is not an elite fullback, I would argue he isn't even Top 8 especially when considering attack.

If we had a better quality fullback we win on the back of converting those 2 overlaps into tries.

martielang

Bench
I am shocked that nobody else picked up on this! Edwards has been very good for us this year - but he is not an elite fullback, I would argue he isn't even Top 8 especially when considering attack.

If we had a better quality fullback we win on the back of converting those 2 overlaps into tries.

Easy to say that but we also potentially lose against Souths / Roosters without him. He was terrific in both those games.

He didn’t have his best game in the GF, neither did 16 others.

WestyLife

First Grade
Easy to say that but we also potentially lose against Souths / Roosters without him. He was terrific in both those games.

This. Many players didn't hit their peak in the GF. Can't really good it against Edwards. Might have just been a long year at 110% finally caught up to them.

franklin2323

Immortal

aside from Crichton and Luai the rest of the side would of got 6/10. Guys like Edwards were good in the other finals atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.