What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why would he regret it? He will get to show himself off in his preferred position and if the dogs doesn't work out a better club will take him.

I'm predicting dogs to improve a lot though.

Their roster is ordinary. The huge money paid to wingers in JAC and Cotric is going to stuff them

murraymob

Coach
Does anyone know if Mansour was at preseason training this week? He wasn't in any of the training photos on the Panthers site.

If not, could be confirmation that he has reached agreement with another club.
He was there on the hill with Latsy selling kebabs singing the labanese national anthem

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Does anyone know if Mansour was at preseason training this week? He wasn't in any of the training photos on the Panthers site.

If not, could be confirmation that he has reached agreement with another club.

I was only saying that last night at the Pub. His absence speaks volumes.
Staines looks good though, he’s obviously been working hard.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don’t see much improvement in them next year at all. He could easily regret it, dogs management is f**ked fir one thing, if Barrett has them travelling poorly there will board room agitators again. The only reason they have all this cap space is because they gave out a number of ridiculous contracts which they couldn’t even offload so they just had to wait it out. Now they are giving out ridiculous contracts again, just to much younger guys.

Maybe you're right. It's easily possible I do see Barrett as a better coach than what they've had and the roster choices are better if a little inflated. They had a lot of close games needing only a little extra game management and talent. They'll be in that 5 - 12 bracket I?suspect.

Mansour must be feeling great about the above decision. Ivan is a disgrace. How about we take Mansour and the Panthers take Packer since Ivan created this mess in the first place.

Maybe you're right. It's easily possible I do see Barrett as a better coach than what they've had and the roster choices are better if a little inflated. They had a lot of close games needing only a little extra game management and talent. They'll be in that 5 - 12 bracket I?suspect.
There is no way The Dogs will be in the top 8! The least important positions on the field is the wings. Wingers are only as good as the halves that service them, and they are only as good as the forwards and dummy half to give them the space. The dogs have paid far too much in the wrong places

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
There is no way The Dogs will be in the top 8! The least important positions on the field is the wings. Wingers are only as good as the halves that service them, and they are only as good as the forwards and Fake to give them the space. The dogs have paid far too much in the wrong places

Do people only read fox sports news? Dogs have a new half. Two new forwards. Replaced the terrible backline mostly. This is bigger than JAC and Cotric.

betcats

Referee
Their roster is ordinary. The huge money paid to wingers in JAC and Cotric is going to stuff them

Yep two wingers as marquee signings I think is a huge mistake. Look at the storm fir example, the only outside backs they sign are off the scrap heap basically or they develop their own. They don’t spend big money on them. They have let jac, korobeite, suni, go the last few years no problem. They just go out and sign someone another club doesnt want and turn them into good first graders or stars in some cases.

Rooster under Robinson have been similar.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Do people only read fox sports news? Dogs have a new half. Two new forwards. Replaced the terrible backline mostly. This is bigger than JAC and Cotric.

Two new forwards abd a very unproven half is not improving them much at all. The need about 5 new forwards, another good half, a hooker and a fullback

betcats

Referee

Barret is an improvement but he isn’t getting anywhere near the 8 imo.

There is no way The Dogs will be in the top 8! The least important positions on the field is the wings. Wingers are only as good as the halves that service them, and they are only as good as the forwards and Fake to give them the space. The dogs have paid far too much in the wrong places
You could use a hooker also
we have 2 and Mbye can cover mid match. B Smith would be nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts