What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GongPanther

Referee
May as well put this thread to bed because,as Gus stated,we are full for next season as far as recruiting is concerned.

Kilkenny

Coach
May as well put this thread to bed because,as Gus stated,we are full for next season as far as recruiting is concerned.

Yes I read the Gus Gould twitter feed as well and he was quite clear we are finished recruiting for 2017. Only thing which is up in the air is whether Tim Browne is or is not coming. His signing does not seem to have been confirmed anywhere.

Kilkenny

Coach
No thanks. He burned us already. I fear his return to the game is to bump up his savings account for his next around the world adventure...

You never go back. Jamal may again feature in the NRL but it will not be with us, that boat has sailed. Dragons are my tip.

Whino

Bench
If he is going to the Dragons that will another waste. He needs a Craig Bellamy I feel.

Kilkenny

Coach
If he is going to the Dragons that will another waste. He needs a Craig Bellamy I feel.

I thought I read his preference is to be in Sydney presumably for family reasons. I have no mail on the Dragons other than they are desperate for a high profile signing to boost there stocks ie memberships, corporates etcs. They would almost certainly have the cash given most other Sydney based clubs are already fully spent for 2017. Perhaps the Wests Tigers given Robbie Farah will almost certainly not be with them next season.

Yeah apart from a few minor signing I'd say we are done. Might pick up a few cheapies for depth.

Still have a few decisions to make with retention.
Zak Hardaker, George Jennings, Suaia Matagi,
Andy Saunders, Will Smith,

I'd like to keep Akauola for another year. You would assume Smith & Matagi won't be retained.
Hardaker hasn't done much for what price he is reportedly asking.

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
Moylan mumbles a few clichés to a journo. "I'm in no hurry". This obviously means he's unhappy, with positional selections and is shopping himself around to other clubs.

OR it could just mean he's in no f**king hurry. Clowns.

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah apart from a few minor signing I'd say we are done. Might pick up a few cheapies for depth.

Still have a few decisions to make with retention.
Sitaleki Akauola, Zak Hardaker, George Jennings, Robert Jennings, Suaia Matagi,
Andy Saunders, Will Smith,

I'd like to keep Akauola for another year. You would assume Smith & Matagi won't be retained.
Hardaker hasn't done much for what price he is reportedly asking.

Rob Jennings already confirmed to Souths.

George nothing official I don't think yet but probably as well.

Matagi option in his favour but don't see a future for him here.

Will Smith I think goes.

Aku & Andy I see being retained as min contracts but who knows.

Moylan mumbles a few clichés to a journo. "I'm in no hurry". This obviously means he's unhappy, with positional selections and is shopping himself around to other clubs.

Or his manager told him to publicly keep his options open. I could be wrong but I don't think he has ever gone to market. Since he has made his debut Gould usually extends his deal before he is in the last year of his contract.
I think its just business at the moment. His next deal will massive and If I was his manager I would have the rube clubs like Saints come in to bump up his price. Rather than rush to re-sign.
I think a deal will be done here before round 1 next year.

Rob Jennings already confirmed to Souths.

George nothing official I don't think yet but probably as well.

Matagi option in his favour but don't see a future for him here.

Will Smith I think goes.

Aku & Andy I see being retained as min contracts but who knows.

Ta I wasn't sure if Rob was gone.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

Unlike the Telegraph to stir the pot with good old Penrith...Still a year and half out from his contract finishing. What a good time to discuss contracts leading into a final series...

The yak

Juniors
If you want a story to get blown out of proportion go online to social media. There is always know alls that claim they have inside information.
I have noticed on here a few people claim they have inside information yet no one saw the signing of Tim Browne coming.

The yak

Juniors
Lets look at the facts before we get too far ahead.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pe...d/news-story/14cf36d87af8edba31756844ddd595c1

Lets focus on player quotes rather the journalist speculation.
Obviously I want to stay but nothing’s happened of yet. I’m not in a rush,” Moylan said.
Being captain here, it’s somewhere I want to stick around. But I haven’t really thought about it to be honest. I’m just playing footy and I’m still signed for next year.

Typical care free attitude by Moylan in no rush. Anyone that knows him or has met him knows he a relaxed person.He indicates he wants to stay but as most know his next deal will be a big deal and will take time to get right.
Negotiations started early in the year and I believe have stalled a little due Moylan making his origin debut and our charge towards the finals. Prolonged contract negotiations can affect a players form and that could be a reason to hold off talks a little while.
Gould stressed early in the year when trying to re-sign Mansour TPA were hard to come by, maybe that could also be a factor in negotiations taking their time.

Further quotes are by Merrin on his own circumstance.There are not Moylans and are no indication of Moylans thoughts.
“If the money’s great and you’re not happy, then there’s no point doing it,” Merrin said.
“If you’re going to sign a long-term contract, it’s got to be based on your happiness and the challenges that are going to make you a better person and player.
'Moyza’s a great leader here and we all look up to him as a player and a person. He’s definitely a Penrith boy from the start. We’d love to see him stay at the club for sure.”

There are no quotes from Moylan I am unhappy. The reverse actually. he states he want to stay. An unhappy player wouldn't say that.
There no quotes from Moylan I don't want to play fullback any more.
There are no quotes from Moylan I want play 5/8 now.
There are no quotes at all from his manager
There are no quotes at all from Gould
The article is really based on a paragraph of Moylan's words and Merrin's. The rest is a journalists speculation.

I am not worried as long as Gould in here. I believe a deal will be done in the pre season. Thats my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.