What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Without doubt.

Their stats this year aren't actually that different. Matagi averages 29 minutes a game for 79 metres, 16 tackles and has broke 13 tackles this year. McKendry averages 34 minutes for 70 metres, 21 tackles and has broken 12 tackles this season. Matagi's explosive ability is probably where he is superior but he has also missed 33 tackles overall whilst McKendry has missed just 9 of 253. But Matagi has a higher ceiling.

mxlegend99

Referee
Matagi is a super lazy defender for sure... and I wouldn't have either in our top 17 next year.

But I think Matagi as a backup impact player would offer more. Although we already have too many props on the books so we couldn't really keep him.

Tamou
Rcg
Latu
Akouolo
Browne
Leota
Kikau
Clarke
Matagi

Just seems a tad overkill. Although atleast Matagi would only be a one year commitment.

maple_69

Bench
As good as he's been, Matagi for a year isn't much use to us I think. Mckendry and Browne will offer experienced and reliable depth. Kikau should be our go to impact prop option if JFH doesn't end up in that role.

chrisD

Coach
Money that can get pushed to another player. Matagi flat out destroys Sam and RCG, there's no comparison.

chrisD

Coach
Lol, yeah RCG would have made the tackle for sure, definitely proved himself to be a better lateral mover and defender than Yeo, who was the one Austin actually stepped through at the line, not Matagi. As if missing halves on the line for tries isn't RCG's thing. And so much impact, all those tackle busts and dominant rucks RCG wins, yeah we sure could have used those.

maple_69

Bench
We lost last night because we got smashed up the middle for the first half hour and kept dropping the ball. Tamou and RCG will hopefully address that because we might be able to weather storms from weaker teams and blow them away late, we can't afford to give good sides that much of a look at us. We showed we have the firepower to break down the best sides, but we need to be going with them for 80 minutes.

Big Mick

Referee
Lol, yeah RCG would have made the tackle for sure, definitely proved himself to be a better lateral mover and defender than Yeo, who was the one Austin actually stepped through at the line, not Matagi. As if missing halves on the line for tries isn't RCG's thing. And so much impact, all those tackle busts and dominant rucks RCG wins, yeah we sure could have used those.

Too f**king easy...

Big Mick

Referee
Rumour that Matagi is off to the Cowboys but from what I heard Dragons/Knights are actively pursuing him also.

Kilkenny

Coach
Rumour that Matagi is off to the Cowboys but from what I heard Dragons/Knights are actively pursuing him also.

He will be a decent pickup for either of the clubs mentioned. Surplus to our needs given the depth in front rowers we have.

tripster

Juniors
I can only imagine that we are letting him go because, all things considered, Griffin and Gould have formed the view that is the best thing for the club.

He was good at making tough carries up the middle, and I am grateful for the effort he put in for us, but he seemed to have some pretty serious defensive lapses from time to time, and we have incredible depth in the front row now.

Used to be ridiculously thin in front row depth and outrageously packed with outside backs now it's almost the other way around albeit debuts this season and the emergence of blake as a serious first grader has given us good depth now out wide

Big Mick

Referee
I can only imagine that we are letting him go because, all things considered, Griffin and Gould have formed the view that is the best thing for the club.

He was good at making tough carries up the middle, and I am grateful for the effort he put in for us, but he seemed to have some pretty serious defensive lapses from time to time, and we have incredible depth in the front row now.

We are letting him go because he had the option in his favour to accept and he didn't in search of finding more money elsewhere.

Best of luck to him.

Enjoyed him being a Panther but defensively he wasn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.