What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Don't mind it since our depth has been smashed in the backs. Bit of a Speedster too.

Losing Will Smith, George Jennings, Robert Jennings and Braidon Burns. Be lucky to fill a reserve grade backline without a signing or two.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
We actually have more need of a fringe first grader like Oldfield than we do a genuine first grader for our outside backs.
Yep. Depth there is thin. At full strength we will have one NRL player missing out. But aside from him and Dylan Edwards the reserve grade backline would be pretty average.

Well I guess it depends on what happens with Peachey and Moylan. We move them and all our NRL players fit in. They stay where they were and we have 2 guys missing out. In which case that reserve grade backline looks gun.

But I think Peachey will get moved to utility again. Moylan will remain fullback and Blake and Hiku will fight for one spot.

betcats

Referee
Yeah that seems to be how the coach is heading though im still hopeful Peachey will remain a centre.

We have signed a QLD cup half for next year on a one year deal, Darren Nicholls.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah that seems to be how the coach is heading though im still hopeful Peachey will remain a centre.

We have signed a QLD cup half for next year on a one year deal, Darren Nicholls.
As long as Peachy is somewhere at Penrith I'll be happy.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Whare will have his hands full trying to win his position back. 14 games in last two seasons, off contract end of 2017, has a lot to do to earn his spot back and get a new deal.

maple_69

Bench
Happy with Oldfield. We will have a solid NSW Cup backline. A few injuries and it'll start looking thin. Our forward pack will be the best in the league by a way though I think.

1. Edwards 2. Tuisese/Hall 3. Heffernan 4. Hiku 5. Oldfield 6. May/Luai/Clune/Nicholls 7. ZDC

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope he gets the same talking to Blake got about his weight.

Hiku looks fatter than Blake ever did. I would blame the ACL injury if he hadn't been chunky before it. If he could get nice and lean like Blake did. Hopefully he can improve like Blake did. Carrying less weight he might gain a bit of speed and acceleration. Maybe change direction a bit quicker and improve in defence also

greynurse

Juniors
Happy with Oldfield. We will have a solid NSW Cup backline. A few injuries and it'll start looking thin. Our forward pack will be the best in the league by a way though I think.

1. Edwards 2. Tuisese/Hall 3. Heffernan 4. Hiku 5. Oldfield 6. May/Luai/Clune/Nicholls 7. ZDC
I would like to see May at 9. He is a smart player and can take the hits. I think he could replace Wallace when he retires. Wallace gave as a smarter more thinking hooker when he replaced Segz. I wasn't a fan but as the year went by i saw his value much like Smith and Ennis. The explosive hooker is only a bench player from here on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.