What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I like how you conveniently left out the fact that in 2014 we beat the Minor Premiers to get to the Bulldogs game.

I also conveniently left out every single other game that the coaches mentioned had, so lets not get too sensitive. Remember, we were 3 minutes from losing that as well, but a win is a win, so I didn't want to bring it up.

It's weird - Cleary is so well rated, but his actual record is a bit shit, and his selections can be a bit shit, and his attacking structure is very shit, and we've gone back for a second taste.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I think it is a bad bet.

franklin2323

Immortal
I also conveniently left out every single other game that the coaches mentioned had, so lets not get too sensitive. Remember, we were 3 minutes from losing that as well, but a win is a win, so I didn't want to bring it up.

It's weird - Cleary is so well rated, but his actual record is a bit shit, and his selections can be a bit shit, and his attacking structure is very shit, and we've gone back for a second taste.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I think it is a bad bet.

He got a free reign due to being a nice guy much like Brad Arthur does

franklin2323

Immortal
I think I would have too. I'm not for or against Ivan really. We'll just have to see how it goes

If I have a bottom 8 team I want to get better Ivan or Henry are my picks to coach. So he isn't hopeless just struggles when plan A doesn't work. Look at the Tigers this year too if teams played expansive footy they had no idea.

As has been the case the roster alone gets us into the 8. The top coaches find weakness in opposition that haven't been found before. Or bring out new plays for their team Ivan has no record of doing this next step.

I doubt Ivan is coach if Nathan wasn't playing for us

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fr...natural-fit-for-brisbane-20181025-p50bwd.html

1st paragraph a dead give away about what Broncos did to secure Seibold.

I'd say off hand this has been bubbling s
We don't have Hook and apart from a couple of contracts to get sorted we have retained all our main roster and potential future first graders.

I think its hilarious that 3 months ago Tigers were adamant that Nathan was signing with them and a deal was already done but now that its turned and Ivan is apparently a snake for doing the same thing that they were crowing about with Nathan..

Suck shit...

You have nailed it. My thoughts exactly.

mxlegend99

Referee
If I have a bottom 8 team I want to get better Ivan or Henry are my picks to coach. So he isn't hopeless just struggles when plan A doesn't work. Look at the Tigers this year too if teams played expansive footy they had no idea.

As has been the case the roster alone gets us into the 8. The top coaches find weakness in opposition that haven't been found before. Or bring out new plays for their team Ivan has no record of doing this next step.

Look at it this way. How many good players have struggled under Ivan? Pretty much most that have weren't all that good at any point.

Compare that to how many have played at or near their best under him. Spine players especially thrive under him.

He gets the best out of what he has. Which has rarely been all that great. Luke Brooks just took out Dally M halfback of the year ffs.

He's not a great coach. Not sure hes good enough to win a premiership with us.but I ghink there's a chance we can. One that didnt exist under Hook. There were probably better ootions available. But outside of Tim Grant, who do youbthink will be unhappy or decline in form next year?

franklin2323

Immortal
Look at it this way. How many good players have struggled under Ivan? Pretty much most that have weren't all that good at any point.

Compare that to how many have played at or near their best under him. Spine players especially thrive under him.

He gets the best out of what he has. Which has rarely been all that great. Luke Brooks just took out Dally M halfback of the year ffs.

He's not a great coach. Not sure hes good enough to win a premiership with us.but I ghink there's a chance we can. One that didnt exist under Hook. There were probably better ootions available. But outside of Tim Grant, who do youbthink will be unhappy or decline in form next year?

How many players have he had that have been yet to peak? He does well with Plodders and has beens guys that can follow a simple game plan

I don't think there is a single person that will say Hook can coach attack.

Yet this year we scored more than the 2011 warriors and our 2014 team did. That is with the lack of game plans and out top spine playing only 200 mins together this year.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Sounds like Shaun Johnson is going to market...

Given Ivan's history with him, i wonder if he could be in line for 2020? Jimmy moving on to ESL, replaced by Johnson...

He goes missing, but basically has carried that team for 8 years, i wouldn't say no to him in a team that is not the warriors.....

It’s a lot of effort to go to for someone who isn’t a great coach.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sounds like Shaun Johnson is going to market...

Given Ivan's history with him, i wonder if he could be in line for 2020? Jimmy moving on to ESL, replaced by Johnson...

He goes missing, but basically has carried that team for 8 years, i wouldn't say no to him in a team that is not the warriors.....

No reason him or Luai can't be made into a FB. That would solve the going MIA often

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
How many players have he had that have been yet to peak? He does well with Plodders and has beens guys that can follow a simple game plan

I don't think there is a single person that will say Hook can coach attack.

Yet this year we scored more than the 2011 warriors and our 2014 team did. That is with the lack of game plans and out top spine playing only 200 mins together this year.
He really should have done better with Idris and Lewis Brown. The fact that they scored less tries than plodders Blake and Kikau is insane.

Wookies&Cream

Juniors

They were about the only side that could shut down an expansive Souths when they'd won like 10 in a row.
And on the opposite side of the table, they beat a very structured storm twice. How can you justify what you've said above

mxlegend99

Referee
It’s a lot of effort to go to for someone who isn’t a great coach.
There's only 2 great coaches in the game and one of them wouldnt be any better then Cleary at this point in his career.

Deadset outside of Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett. Who could you call great?

for 5 years as well...So dumb
Unless we're thinking beyond his coaching career with us.

If we wanted him to replace Gould in the near future and re-sign Nathan. There's really no better way to have approached it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts