What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashtest

Juniors
Michael Chammas reporting the Panthers were close to $1 million over the cap for 2020 prior to releasing DWZ and Blake. So given we paid part of their contracts, and had to upgrade two others, I can’t see how there will be any cap space left for a big signing unless Maloney leaves. Which may not be likely now according to Chammas

“Penrith have told him that they want to keep him, but also will support him if he wants to take his family overseas.”

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/18/sad-to-leave-tigers-reynolds-open-to-bulldogs-homecoming/

Michael Chammas reporting the Panthers were close to $1 million over the cap for 2020 prior to releasing DWZ and Blake. So given we paid part of their contracts, and had to upgrade two others, I can’t see how there will be any cap space left for a big signing unless Maloney leaves. Which may not be likely now according to Chammas

“Penrith have told him that they want to keep him, but also will support him if he wants to take his family overseas.”

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/18/sad-to-leave-tigers-reynolds-open-to-bulldogs-homecoming/

Is there seriously anyone still willing to defend Phil Gould’s signing strategies?

He pretty much did the same thing he railed against when he got here. Unbelievable.

@Pomoz

forby

Juniors
Is there seriously anyone still willing to defend Phil Gould’s signing strategies?

He pretty much did the same thing he railed against when he got here. Unbelievable.

@Pomoz
That's assuming that Chammas is correct. Why would he know? Rothfield would have headlined this if it were even a chance of being true!

That's assuming that Chammas is correct. Why would he know? Rothfield would have headlined this if it were even a chance of being true!

The CEO has also publicly said they were moved on because of the salary cap

The chairman has said there will be no more 5 year deals

Ie. the current admin are rebuking their former GM in public, they’re clearly not happy.

Crashtest

Juniors

@Pomoz

I am surprised at the $1 million over the cap. I wonder what Gould’s plan for next season would of been had he stayed and been responsible for managing the mess the cap was in.

chrisD

Coach
So far over the cap for such an average roster.

But then every new admin walks in and starts talking about the mess they've inherited from the old. Same dance every ball.

But under Gould we did at one point have a roster capable of winning the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.