What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure if his deal finishes this year or last, he’s not actually in our top 30. But yeah, he will be one of the few to finish their long deal.
Yet he has probably played less games in his 5 year deal than any of those guys offloaded in year one.

Its truly remarkable he has the desire to play still after those injuries. His form last year in his 2 games was incredible. He was truly robbed of his prime thanks to injury

Yet he has probably played less games in his 5 year deal than any of those guys offloaded in year one.

Its truly remarkable he has the desire to play still after those injuries. His form last year in his 2 games was incredible. He was truly robbed of his prime thanks to injury

He could get another one year deal, we're a little short on props. Probably comes down to him or Grant.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure if this has been mentioned

Peach staying put
Excellent news. Hated losing him. But we have moved on and could do better than him for centre IMO. Curtis Scott and Jesse Ramien realistic options. Peach is way too expensive for his best spot in our team (bench). Although the cover he offers is missed at the moment

Curtis Scott would be a nice signing, but our no.1 priority should still be hooker. If RCG leaves we’ll also need at least one prop from outside the club I’d say.

Fullback has faded a long way down the list with Edwards form, although if you could get Tommy Turbo... (yes, yes, extremely unlikely)

Crashtest

Juniors
Not sure if this has been mentioned

Peach staying put

Rothfield also says in that article:
"The Eels are also close to securing Penrith prop Reagan Campbell Gillard for next year with the Panthers to chip in around 25 per cent of his salary."

Does that make it good value to let him go, if we have to pay 25% of his salary? That's $200,000 a year off our cap for the next 5 years!

franklin2323

Immortal
Curtis Scott would be a nice signing, but our no.1 priority should still be hooker. If RCG leaves we’ll also need at least one prop from outside the club I’d say.

Fullback has faded a long way down the list with Edwards form, although if you could get Tommy Turbo... (yes, yes, extremely unlikely)

Just need more strike players regardless of the position

franklin2323

Immortal
"The Eels are also close to securing Penrith prop Reagan Campbell Gillard for next year with the Panthers to chip in around 25 per cent of his salary."

Does that make it good value to let him go, if we have to pay 25% of his salary? That's $200,000 a year off our cap for the next 5 years!

Depends what the plan is to replace him and how long the 25% of the salary is for

I’d be stunned if we had to pay 25% of his deal for all 5 years.

But if we’re being honest we could probably get RCG’s output from a $400k prop. So there’s probably still savings if we do pay $200k of his salary. (Assuming he’s on the 700-800k rumoured)

franklin2323

Immortal
I’d be stunned if we had to pay 25% of his deal for all 5 years.

But if we’re being honest we could probably get RCG’s output from a $400k prop. So there’s probably still savings if we do pay $200k of his salary. (Assuming he’s on the 700-800k rumoured)

Our starting pack should be:

Tamou
??
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Only Tamou can't play the full 80. So you can get someone on on $300-400k to do job needed

Abacus

Juniors

It's difficult to attribute value to anything written by Rothfield.

The Realist

Juniors
Another player we will be paying out for. How many is that now? At the very least next year we will be paying other clubs somewhere around 700K. In all likelihood this amount or part thereof will continue into 2021 and beyond. That is essentially an Elite player. Which other clubs are THAT stupid?

This is my big problem with Ivan, he just can't seem to turn (sometimes troubled) players around or try and get the best out of them like a Bennett or a Hasler. He just cuts and runs. A big chunk of the fault here though is with Gus and how he butchered our cap position.

Another player we will be paying out for. How many is that now? At the very least next year we will be paying other clubs somewhere around 700K. In all likelihood this amount or part thereof will continue into 2021 and beyond. That is essentially an Elite player. Which other clubs are THAT stupid?

This is my big problem with Ivan, he just can't seem to turn (sometimes troubled) players around or try and get the best out of them like a Bennett or a Hasler. He just cuts and runs. A big chunk of the fault here though is with Gus and how he butchered our cap position.

I take your point, but I don’t think any coach could get $800k value out of RCG.

I don’t like all the player turnover, but it seems to me it’s more related to Gould than Ivan.

Abacus

Juniors
I think it's important to state that the figures are alleged only. Nowhere is it stated that it's a known fact.
But the positive is by bandying around alleged amounts we can create hyperbole, claim its a mutli-year problem and accuse the club of stupidity. All on guesswork. Still sometimes people just like something to....discuss.

Fangs

Coach
Halves conundrum on our hands. Whats the contract situation?

Luai had one outstanding game on debut. As did Te Maire Martin before him. Neither of them have done much of note since. Now Burton has played one very good game and he is anointed by some.

Burton probably won't be worth much. Do we just keep both and see who comes out on top? There is Dean Blore in there as well. And with the way things are unfolded we will have to be making a play at a spine player from elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.